EASTER

WOW! For a guy who says he only wants to talk about God and not religion, you sure can do some deep research on religion. It's too bad you haven't put a fraction of that effort into learning about God :shrugani:

This right here proves the kind of person you and the teachers of your religion are...

In the Old Testament various names for God are used. YHWH is the most celebrated of these; the Hebrews considered the name ineffable and, in reading, substituted the name Adonai [my Lord]. The ineffable name, or tetragrammaton [Gr.,=four-letter form], is of unknown origin; the reconstruction Jehovah was based on a mistake, and the form Yahweh is not now regarded as reliable. The name Jah occurring in names such as Elijah is a form of YHWH.

But if you look at your God given "the only real bible" King James bible version, you will see what I already quoted...

16 Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD.

17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:

18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

I'm sure you didn't know your own bible uses the real name of god.

you would see that your own bible uses the name Jehovah for the one and only almighty God.

The more you talk the more I find that you have either split personalities or you are so obsessed with thinking you are right that you will stop at nothing to make yourself look right.

You have flamed anyone who doesn't believe in a Hell of torture, a Trinitarian God, and a once and for all time salvation but you have yet to crack open the bible and show us where you got all that nonsense.

I would also like to point out that the information you quoted was wrong. I checked out the Wathtower.org website and it says there are 6,513,132 Jehovahs witnesses not 4 million. Here's the link... Total numbers link

And ironically there is also an interesting article about death... DEATH link

In fact I'm kinda glad you talked so much about Jehovahs witnesses. I actually found a tab that explains what they believe. They even have scriptures to back it all up... Beliefs link

I'm surprised you don't have a link to something with scriptures in it to support your beliefs. All you have is links to articles AGAINST people who think differently than you. A kind of mutual admiration society of people who don't need the actual bible.

So are you going to start on the Mormons next? Maybe Jews? Hindus? Tribal religions? New Age beliefs? So far you have demonstrated your anger and hatred against those who can, from your own translation of the bible, prove that your beliefs do not mesh with the bible. It's infortunate that all you have to show to your fellow man from the bible is that "I'm saved and if you don't become just like me God will burn you forever". Way to go man. But that's really all you know. You have already shared everything you have been told about God. He is spiteful, hateful, and ready to punish for all eternity anyone who does not obey. You focus not on the life that is offered but the endless torture you have dreamed up.

So maybe you can explain to me again where it says in the bible...

What it feels like to be saved?

How God is 3 in 1 when the whole bible says that Jesus is lower than God?

I could add to this too... Why does the bible say that to sin against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable but a sin against the son IS forgivable? Mt 12:31,32... 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Why God who is Love would feel the need to torture sinners forever?

Why you say that Jesus was hung on a cross which history has shown was not the case. In fact your King James bible says he was hung on a tree... Acts 5:30 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

If you were honest with yourself, you would see your beliefs are not supported by the bible. And for this reason, when you get to a place where you can't just "Amen" things away, you have to resort to hate pages and try to dig up stuff from the 1800's to try to divert attention from the real problem... you have no idea what you are talking about.

BTW nice shee. Do the flames remind you that you are "saved" from hell? :rotflmao: j/k

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes and prudent in their own sight!

Besides the fact that you have been more than soundly refuted by scripture, another proof that you ARE the blind leading the blind, is your oblivious nature. If I were in your shoes, I would be very cognicent of the admonishment of the Holy Spirit and I would be very very humble, because I AM a child of God.

This will mean nothing to you, because the TRUTH is not in you, but once again I am in awe of the ease to which I am led to the Christian defense. I opened right to this:

Acts 1:3

To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them 40 days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.

The passion...Passover...some call it Easter and still keep Jesus in their heart.

I just looked back in this thread 40days, and in my opinion, that is right when the Holy Ghost started to turn on you Dave. RJ hasn't posted for a week...since May 9th, but as I remember, he was turned on against you sooner than I was :shrugani: .

Can't say for sure but I think that God may be through with you.

Oh, by the way, I HAVE tearfully repented numerous times as this thread has gone along and I HAVE confessed and commited to a change because I AM NOT prudent in my own sight!

:dance:

gallery_13008_43_1114985374.jpg

I could add to this too... Why does the bible say that to sin against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable but a sin against the son IS forgivable? Mt 12:31,32... 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Why you say that Jesus was hung on a cross which history has shown was not the case. In fact your King James bible says he was hung on a tree... Acts 5:30 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

If you were honest with yourself, you would see your beliefs are not supported by the bible. And for this reason, when you get to a place where you can't just "Amen" things away, you have to resort to hate pages and try to dig up stuff from the 1800's to try to divert attention from the real problem... you have no idea what you are talking about.

So you continue to blather on about how blind I am yet you have not found a single scripture to quote on any of the above issues. You have not even found a website you can copy and paste that has scriptures in it. Instead you rely on dropping the bible on the table and seeing what page it turns to or hate websites.

Don't your legs get sore from all the dancing? :dance::dance::dance:

AMEN :rolleyes:

Since we have digressed to accusing each other, here is your problem in a nutshell... Hebrews 5:11-14... 11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

And again but in English... (Hebrews 5:11-14) 11 Concerning him we have much to say and hard to be explained, since YOU have become dull in YOUR hearing. 12 For, indeed, although YOU ought to be teachers in view of the time, YOU again need someone to teach YOU from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God; and YOU have become such as need milk, not solid food. 13 For everyone that partakes of milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14 But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both right and wrong.

Why don't you do this... Instead of presuptuously thinking you can handle this conversation which is WELL beyond your comprehension, print out the 40 days worth of stuff we wrote down here and take it to your Pastor or Reverand or Minister and have him {or her} read it all and give you some actual scriptures to back up the nonsense you are randomly discovering and then get back to me. You can email them to me so the rest of the HQ family doesn't have to suffer with your split personality disorder and give someone like rj a fighting chance to get a word in edgewise. I don't agree with rj on several matters but I perceive that he has a FAAARRRRR better knowledge of the actual bible than you ever will. And he doesn't have that ignorant "my pastor told me it so it must be so" attitude like you do. I can tell that rj actually searched for the knowledge he has and didn't just hope the bible flopped open to the right page.

BTW did you ever look up Psalm 83:18 in your perfect bible yet? Or have you figured out what a publican is yet?

Perhaps you are "Raca" and will never know :shrugani:

Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth. The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD. Wealth maketh many friends; but the poor is separated from his neighbour. A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape. Many will intreat the favour of the prince: and every man is a friend to him that giveth gifts. All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his freinds go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him. He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good. A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish. Delight is not seemly for a fool; much less for a servant to have rule over princes. The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression. The king;s wrath is as the roaring of a lion; but his favour is as dew upon the grass. A foolish son is the calamity of his father: and the contentions of a wife are a continual dropping. House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is fron the LORD. Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and and idle sould shall suffer hunger. He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die. He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again. Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spar for his crying. A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment: for if thou deliver him, yet thou must do it again. Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou myayest be wise in thy latter end. There are many devices in a mans heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand. The desire of a man is his kindness: and a poor man is better than a liar. The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil. A slothful man hideth his hand inhis bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth again. Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware. : and reprove one that hathe understanding, and he will understand knowledge. He that wasteth his father, and chaseth away his mother, is a son that cuaseth shame, and bringeth reproach. Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge. An ungodly witness scorneth judgment: and the mouth of the wicked devoureth iniquity. Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.

Which of the following issues did that scripture resolve Raca? Or did you drop the bible again?

BTW did you ever look up Psalm 83:18 in your perfect bible yet? Or have you figured out what a publican is yet?

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope. through the power of the Holy Ghost. And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, becuause of the grace that is given to me of God. That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable. being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me to make the Gentiles obedient. by word and deed, Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem and round about unto illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

It's more like drooling bibles :drool:

04 walks around the house dropping the bible thinking that god is trying to give him a message and all it really shows is he's clumsy or he's got too much butter on his hands :shrugani: No wonder the cover is all chewed up :rolleyes:

He has yet to answer a single thing and has instead insisted on making random quotations that have no association what so ever with the issues presented.

Why can't this go to the Roostin' Room...??? That forum is dead anyways...Frankly I am sick of seeing this in the General forum as I don't see where religion finds its place here really... :confused::bolt:

Brad

Edited by cudaz101

Why can't this go to the Roostin' Room...???  That forum is dead anyways...Frankly I am sick of seeing this in the General forum as I don't see where religion finds its place here really... :confused:  :bolt:

Brad

370267[/snapback]

Get over it man. This site is not here just for you. If the content of this posting was so offensive that it needs to be in the roosting room, it would have been there a month ago.

Get over it man. This site is not here just for you. If the content of this posting was so offensive that it needs to be in the roosting room, it would have been there a month ago.

370777[/snapback]

Get over yourself...Don't take everything so personal...It was just a frank opinion/request/inquiry made publicly on a Public Forum. :rolleyes:

Brad

Get over yourself...Don't take everything so personal...It was just a frank opinion/request/inquiry made publicly on a Public Forum. :rolleyes:

Brad

370789[/snapback]

You've been here for 8 months you've contributed a total of 169 times and 2 of those were in a posting you said doesn't belong here. And as you pointed out, this IS a public forum where people express their views. The General section, as you can see at the top of the page, is for everything except repairs and trips. Now if this thread was a personal attack on any one person or group of people,{04 probably crossed the line with his hate speak against Mormons and JW's but it was directed at me and I wasn't offended} it would have been shut down a long time ago. For the fact that things have been presented in a way that is not a personal attack on people, the thread has remained.

Now if I were taking things personally, I would have told 04LE to go to hell. But then again the bible shows that hell isn't quite the place of eternal torture that many have imagined it to be anyway. So even that would not be the cutdown that most would think it is.

So stick around, the discussions get pretty good around here some times. And if you are not completely brain dead, you might learn something or at least get a little different perspective on things. It's kind of like eating spinach, it smells funky and doesn't always taste good, but it's good for you B)

You've been here for 8 months you've contributed a total of 169 times and 2 of those were in a posting you said doesn't belong here. And as you pointed out, this IS a public forum where people express their views. The General section, as you can see at the top of the page, is for everything except repairs and trips. Now if this thread was a personal attack on any one person or group of people,{04 probably crossed the line with his hate speak against Mormons and JW's but it was directed at me and I wasn't offended} it would have been shut down a long time ago. For the fact that things have been presented in a way that is not a personal attack on people, the thread has remained.

Now if I were taking things personally, I would have told 04LE to go to hell. But then again the bible shows that hell isn't quite the place of eternal torture that many have imagined it to be anyway. So even that would not be the cutdown that most would think it is.

So stick around, the discussions get pretty good around here some times. And if you are not completely brain dead, you might learn something or at least get a little different perspective on things. It's kind of like eating spinach, it smells funky and doesn't always taste good, but it's good for you  B)

370800[/snapback]

How did I know my post count would be an issue... :rolleyes: ...Most forums I have been to draw the "Latitude" lline of "general topic" at Religion...Its a topic that very few share the exact same views and at times only ends up creating discontent towards one another.. I simply don't see its place HERE...You do...Whatever...I'm pretty sure there are more than enough places on the intraweb to express your religious views without having to do so here. Once again...Just an opinion/view/observation.

Don't feel free to speak to me in a condecending manner. You don't know me...And don't mistake my post count to be some type of barometer for inexperience of any fashion.

Carry on brandishing your depths of wisdomesk knowledge, assumptions & beliefs... :notworthy:

Brad