banshee info

i am still trying to decide what quad to get. my choices are between a z400 a cheap yzf450 and a shee. i have a few questions about the banshee though. how long can you run it before you should stop and let it cool down when it is about 30 degrees celsious. also how long do you get off of a tank of gas. how often should you rebuild the engine. also how good does it work on the trails. i dont want you to tell me to get a 450 or something for trails i just want to know how the banshee fairs on them. what are some good points of it on the trails and areas where it is needing some upgrades. thank you in advance

Ill start you off with this comment... Fourstrokes are more practical nowdays for general riding. If anyone wants to argue with me about that, you can take a flying leap. :D j/k Anyway... Banshee's are GREAT in the trails. Better than 450's in my opinion. Ive got both, and I prefer the banshee. I would get rid of my 450 way before Id get rid of the banshee. But, for general riding, dickin around, wheelies, snow, creeks, and jumping, I say go for a 450. My dad just bought a brand new z400 to play around on, and it's a terd.

banshee's can be made to rip in the woods, you just have to set them up for it. Your biggest concern is going to be pipe selection. I run LRD's and cant be happier, have the low end grunt of a 4stroke, a smooth powerband, and screaming top end. Suspension setup is gonna be another factor, I run +2 arms and inset rims to bring my width back in. It's gonna cost some money to set it up for a good woods machine compared to what a yfz would be stock out of the box in the woods, but it can be done

My banshee will keep up with my buddies 330R in the woods just fine. I dont pull away from him, but he doesnt pull away from me either.

If you want to ride it right out of the box with very few mods then the 450 would be best. The banshee can slide the ass end around a corner on a tight trail like no other quad imo. The z-400 can scoot around the tight trails pretty good but anything requireing a bit of Hp like sand, serious hill climbs, wide open spaces, or riding in the upper gears, and it is a turd. If you have cams, a full system and a ported head they will run, but then it is still no faster than a piped YFZ 450.

The only time you will have overheating issues with a banshee is if you are running hard without adequate air flowing throuh the radiator like if you are stuck in the mud winding the piss out of it and not moving. The 450 has a fan on the rad but they run hot as hell most ofl the time anyway. YFZ 450 and cheap generally aren't used in the same sentense. Banshee's will tipically go quite a long time without a rebuild if you have them jetted right and don't forget to put oil in the fuel. Some of the newer 2 stroke mx bikes wear out pistons and rings real fast and scare people away from other more reliable and long lasting 2 stroke motors like the banshee.

have you ever ridden a banshee? if not you need to ride one. dont just buy one cuz u think itll be the best choice for you cuz it may not be. not everyone is made to ride a banshee. why dont you just find someone who has each of these and test them out. thats the only real way youll know what you like.

have you ever ridden a banshee? if not you need to ride one. dont just buy one cuz u think itll be the best choice for you cuz it may not be. not everyone is made to ride a banshee. why dont you just find someone who has each of these and test them out. thats the only real way youll know what you like.

325934[/snapback]

Exactly. When I was lookin around I rode some four strokes and then tested out the shee. I liked the shee as soon as I rode it but thats just me. Nothing like a two stroke. But ride them and see what you like and what would suit you best. :headbang: