Trading Banshee in.

sredish

From what I've seen, aftermarket adds little to nothing to the value. If I was to trade mine in, the person buying it might not want an orange frame, or plain T-5 pipes. If I was to trade something in, I'd take everything after market off, and keep it to sell later.

Why not just get another bike and keep the banshee?? I hope to have my stable up to 3 this summer. More if I can do it.

:cheers:

Hey Scott, Iceman72 PM'd me a weak or so ago wanting to trade a 2004 model for my shee. I believe it's pretty loaded up from what I remember. Might PM this guy and see if he may be interested in a trade still. Always worth a try. :shrugani:

Hey Scott, Iceman72 PM'd me a weak or so ago wanting to trade a 2004 model for my shee. I believe it's pretty loaded up from what I remember. Might PM this guy and see if he may be interested in a trade still. Always worth a try.  :shrugani:

314517[/snapback]

brad ill trade you my 450 for your banshee... ;)

This is from the newest edition Jan - April NADA Book used by most ATV Dealers.

Kelly blue book is always a bit higher and more customer based.

2002 Yamaha Banshee

rough trade value - $2815

clean trade value - $3135

avg. used retail - $3920

Later man - JT :bolt:

Yo, if you are strippin it down and tradin it in... Im interested in ur front shocks if you gettin rid of em'. I got some 450 shocks with powder coated spings Id trade ya and some cash?  :confused:

314668[/snapback]

What happened on AIM? I'd get your message and when I'd reply, you'd disappear like you went offline and wouldn't be in the online list.

Anyways... you got a PM.

I'll be posting a list of what's for sale tomorrow sometime....

Thanks for the inquiries, I'm hoping to get through this quickly so I can get back to racing. I'm not going to be able to race anymore until I get this finalized. :cry:

Scott

What happened on AIM?  I'd get your message and when I'd reply, you'd disappear like you went offline and wouldn't be in the online list.

314675[/snapback]

its kind of like loggin in here under invisible. youre online, but not able to be seen by anyone. so the other person has to initiate conversation.

Man you better get hopping, cause it's gonna take you a month of weekends riding and some mods to get comfortable racing it you slow poke! :evil: Come over to the dark side my brother.... :) You get many bites yet, you know if you stripped it Gainesville Powersports takes trades now. Might take a look at YFZ Central for used ones for sale if you wanna go that route also.

Why not just get another bike and keep the banshee?? I hope to have my stable up to 3 this summer. More if I can do it.

:cheers:

314487[/snapback]

:headbang: exactly. you only live once. you never know when your gonna go . thats my saying. B) get something you like but dont drop the shee.owning a shee is priceless ;) haveing another good quad is an extra.

Edited by chipdog

:) You guys crack me up. No joke. I've really tried to push myself hard for this race season, and I feel I could be more competitive on a 4 stroke. Not for the power, but for power delivery. As smooth as the power is on my banshee, it's still not like the thumpers.

Maybe you're running the wrong pipe if you are not liking your power delivery. Maybe you should look into getting a different style pipe....*cough* *cough* "LRD"

You dont get much more of a 4stroke delivery from a pipe....plus it has the screaming top end that a 4stroke will never give you in those straightaways that your making your time up. They are a major torque pipe.

If your looking to get a 4stroke, it should be for the geometry you'll never get from a banshee style chassis.....and a nice 250R chassis would take care of that. That guy on here is selling one....hey, with 250R geometry....and LRD pipes.

The only way if I were you that I'd give up on the banshee is if it was limiting what classes you could run in.

Just the style of the banshee in woods riding.....you have to make up your time on straightaways....and your fighting like crazy in the tight stuff....and it wears you out......

So why not get something that you can still make up time in the straightaways....and still kill in the tight stuff.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you....I dont race....but ride incredibly hard recreationally....basically race training I would say.....and only way I'd get rid of my shee is to get a 250R geometry one.....now adding on a yfz would be nice