Does anyone use a no link or -2 swingarm?

Holyman

Holyman....i believe that is a TT swingarm..I know laeger made them for a while..you have to run a no link shock but i thought that swingarm was designed to work with an LSR or Laeger frame.  I think I got pics of a laeger banshee with a no link rear shock and a t-pin front end..... :unsure:

308721[/snapback]

tats... I sent Laeger an email and they said they never made a no link swingarm. After looking at it, there is no way it's NOT a Laeger swinger. If you can get me a pic of what you're talking about, that would be GREAT.

rebel... since the shock will be closer to the pivot point, it won't need as much travel to still get the swinger to give full motion. I have no idea how long the Goldwing shock is. May not work anyway. I sure hope I didn't screw myself on this swingarm.

First off, just by the looks of it, it's got to be a Laeger. It's identical. I did manage to find a "Banshee/ 250R no link swingarm" but I could only find the swingarm and not the frame. It was a Lonestar {I think}. I'm hoping it will work with my stock banshee frame. If not, I'm gonna have to let this sucker go 'cause I'm not going to build the whole Banshee around the swingarm :blink: Hopefully it will be delivered today.

The guy that had it bought a bunch of stuff from his neighbor who was moving. Now that the guy is gone, there's no way of find out how he ran it. banghead

more traction wouldn't you want a extended swingarm. or extended axle for turning

308701[/snapback]

No, extending the swingarm is done on drag bikes or bikes with tons of power to keep the front end on the ground, not give more traction. Shorter wheelbase = tighter turning. Having a wider quad is going to give you more stability which means you can take turns faster. A few guys on here run -2 swingers even on their strokers. Sure its easier to get the front end up but if your trying to ride a track your not really doing a whole lot of 0-60 runs. Better to have more traction and better handling than the ability to drop the clutch and haul butt in a straight line.