Does anyone use a no link or -2 swingarm?

Holyman

I'm getting a Chrome Laeger -2 swingarm and would like to get some suggestions on shocks. Hopefully you can tell me exactly which shock to get. But I'm also curious about the ride difference between a stock length and a -2. I was thinking of getting a Goldwing or Harley Air shock and give it a try but I really need to know the length. As far as I can tell, the shock needs to be about 10" eye to eye but I hav no clue if that's right. I've also never seen an air shock on a bike and don't know if they have enough travel, whether they have a built in spring or they just adjust ride height. I also don't know if they have an on-board compressor and what kind of pressure they run in the shocks.

Any help you guys have would be appreciated.

i run a no-link -1 swinger and use an ohlins shock. its about the same length as standard but its run on a lonestar frame which has a much higher shock mount. let me know if you want a pic i can go diggin' around! id like to see how the air shock would run on a shee

stu

on my -2 i run a ohlin shock ,same length as stock.unless the mounting location for the shock has been altered,the missing 2in is usually removed from aft of that point.a stock shock will work fine,it will transmit less leverage to the shock inturn giving you a little stiffer ride.it will hook like a funny car+turn like a road racer.

Thanks for the info. The thing about this swingarm is that the shock mount point is only about 8" from the pivot point of the swingarm. Since the stock setup uses the dogbone at the bottom, the bottom shock mount is only about 8" from the pivot point but ALOT lower. So this setup should have the same characteristics as stock BUT I will need a shock that's about 10" long instead of the 14" stock shock. So I was thinking of a sled shock which tend to be short but have a strong spring. I haven't got the swingarm yet but I wanted to see if I can get an affordable shock before I decide to spend the big bucks on a custom shock.

Here's the swingarm...

Just wanted to add that usually the dogbone mount for a shortened swingarm is almost to the carrier. Here you can see it's half way up the swingarm. The 2 bumps in between the legs of the swingarm are actually 2 hollow pegs that the lower shock bolt will go thru.

This is a Goldwing shock and controller that I was thinking might work...

Edited by Holyman