Stock Torque #'s

After reading the stock HP #'s thread, it got me thinking....I don't know if I've ever heard an offical # for stock Torque on a Banshee. I'm sure I missed it, but does anyone here know?

The reason I ask is I'm starting a project soon, and I know how much HP and TQ I'll have, but I want to see how it will compare to the Banshee.

:cheers:

You do know that HP is just a figure of torque at a certain rpm. Torque is what really matters to me though. It's what actually causes your quad to move from a dead stop up to speed. I know you already know this but for the newbies out there maybe we can start changing your idea of what makes a quad powerful.

(Torque x Engine speed) / 5,252 = Horsepower

Torque = (Horsepower X 5,252) / Engine speed(rpm)

292702[/snapback]

I have that formula...but I have no idea what rpm the horsepower is measured at. In fact, I have that formula written down in my Clymers manual.

You got the RPM for the HP???

And Loco...its semi-top secret. I'm starting it after Christmas... I don't want to give it all away, but... I'll tell you this much: it involves me stuffing a CBR600F4i engine into a banshee frame.

:huh:

I have that formula...but I have no idea what rpm the horsepower is measured at. In fact, I have that formula written down in my Clymers manual.

And Loco...its semi-top secret. I'm starting it after Christmas... I don't want to give it all away, but... I'll tell you this much: it involves me stuffing a CBR600F4i engine into a banshee frame.

:huh:

292830[/snapback]

dude im just wonderin but why are you worryin about tourque with a motor like that stuffed in a shee frame. I certain that motor will have a ton of tourque compared to your banshee. but thats just me. by the way that will be a bad ass she if you really do it. i guess it really wont be a shee but it will look like one at least.

292830[/snapback]

im not sure about the banshee power curves, but in most engines the max torque output happens before the max HP output. so i think the only way to tell would be to have one dyno'd. unless banchetta knows. :bolt:

dude im just wonderin but why are you worryin about tourque with a motor like that stuffed in a shee frame.  I certain that motor will have a ton of tourque compared to your banshee.  but thats just me. by the way that will be a bad ass she if you really do it.  i guess it really wont be a shee but it will look like one at least.

292832[/snapback]

I'm not worried about the cbr power. I have that. mid 90's HP and mid 40's TQ stock.

I want to compare it to a stock banshee for two main reasons. Length of swingarm and number and size of paddles. I know what I can get away with on a almost 60hp banshee...but how much torque is that as well??? Mostly I don't want to buy 3 sets of paddles before I nail it down. I'm leaning towards 22" 10 paddle or 12 paddle extremes.

I'm not worried about the cbr power. I have that. mid 90's HP and mid 40's TQ stock.

I want to compare it to a stock banshee for two main reasons. Length of swingarm and number and size of paddles. I know what I can get away with on a almost 60hp banshee...but how much torque is that as well??? Mostly I don't want to buy 3 sets of paddles before I nail it down. I'm leaning towards 22" 10 paddle or 12 paddle  extremes.

292951[/snapback]

I know I don't ride in a ton of sand, but wouldn't the amount of paddle change with the length of the arm for take offs. I run 21" 9 paddles now but I need a longer swing arm. I hate to say this, but your best bet may be to get ahold of some of the guys on planet sand. There are some big drag set ups over there.