little help with getting started

oldschool98

so im new to the banshee not to riding, but i was wondering can anyone tell me why the banshee is so damn hard to get started first thing? i mean after u run it for a while it will start redily, but first time you try to start it for the day its coldblooded as all hell ! (had to pull it with another bike to start it) jst wondering what can be done to remedy this? also is useing starting fluid bad for the banshee motor? thanks oldschool98

you need to run a compression check. hard starting like that is often due to low compression. also, the jetting could be a factor. typically, banshees are not hard to start, yours might be hard to start, but banshees are not. i can not run mine for a week and go out and it starts first or second kick, no question and there's lots here that will tell you the same.

starting is either, compression, jetting, or carb problems so go that route, in that order.

you need to run a compression check.  hard starting like that is often due to low compression.  also, the jetting could be a factor.  typically, banshees are not hard to start, yours might be hard to start, but banshees are not.  i can not run mine for a week and go out and it starts first or second kick, no question and there's lots here that will tell you the same.

starting is either, compression, jetting, or carb problems so go that route, in that order.

292386[/snapback]

what he said...

:bolt:

• 2 weeks later...
so im new to the banshee not to riding, but i was wondering can anyone tell me why the banshee is so damn hard to get started first thing?      i mean after u run it for a while it will start redily, but first time you try to start it for the day its coldblooded as all hell ! (had to pull it with another bike to start it)  jst wondering what can be done to remedy this?    also is useing starting fluid bad for the banshee motor?    thanks  oldschool98

292379[/snapback]

I would check the reeds to see if they are hanging open, makes them hard to start when their cold and willl start okay after warming up.

Starting fluid!! :o would not even think of using it on a 2-stroke.

you need to run a compression check.  hard starting like that is often due to low compression.  also, the jetting could be a factor.  typically, banshees are not hard to start, yours might be hard to start, but banshees are not.  i can not run mine for a week and go out and it starts first or second kick, no question and there's lots here that will tell you the same.

292386[/snapback]

I'm w/sredish, get that compression checked before you go looking into other things.

when i first got my banshee i thought the same thing and it was hard to start, but after trying a few things i realized on my shee [when cold] that i pull the choke out and give it no gas it will crank about 3 or 4 kicks, if i give it gas, any gas at all i will be kicking my ass off to start it.on my sons blaster it helps to give it a little gas with the choke .alot of times you just have to find th right little trick to get them going

Edited by MDS2106