Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

Well, I was... The only reason that I am getting rid of my current cylinders now is because I need more top end for the competition level highclimbing. Since my rebuild, Ive become smarter... Im done flipping my banshee down big steep hills. Ive got too much money in it for that. Right now its a trail bike, tons of low and mid range power. My banshee isnt going to be seeing much more of the rough trial riding. So, I decided since I dont need the bottom end that I used to, I wanted to go to more of a drag style of porting. With a 4mm.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish my dyno sheet was readable. Here's my set up;

-Gorr's woods port

-T5's

-V force reeds

-33mm pwks

-K&N filter, no air box

-Boss intake

-bored .40 over

-Noss head, 19cc domes, 180 psi in ech cylinder

-timing set at plus 8

-16/44 gearing (if that matters)

I pulled 57.5 HP, started comin on very strong about 4000/4500 rpm, Peaked out aroun 9000/9500. Umm.. when totally revved out i was going 80mph.

Well, I was... The only reason that I am getting rid of my current cylinders now is because I need more top end for the competition level highclimbing. Since my rebuild, Ive become smarter... Im done flipping my banshee down big steep hills. Ive got too much money in it for that. Right now its a trail bike, tons of low and mid range power. My banshee isnt going to be seeing much more of the rough trial riding. So, I decided since I dont need the bottom end that I used to, I wanted to go to more of a drag style of porting. With a 4mm.

296314[/snapback]

As long as you don't let off the throttle, then higher revving motors work nicely, but the hill climbing we have is on/off throttle, bumpy w/ jumps, so my stroker won't kick into powerband after I let off the throttle, I have to clutch it, thats never a good thing going up 70-80 degree vertical, hitting bumps and jumps... :o I like my top end power and my motor isn't bad after 6000 rpms, its just when my rpms fall below it. I lose confidence in my shee...HOw tall are these hills?? Over 200'?

Well, your on the same quest as me. I've seen dyno charts from a Duncan shee at the pikes peak challenge and was very impressed. Very smooth and broad. I'm thinking of send them my cylinders. Whats your plans?? 300-400' is quite a stretch. I can see why your looking for more pull and longer gearing..

My old setup was 53hp, Ptr mids, 165psi, boysen petals, stock carbs, +4 timing, 16/42 gears, topped out at 88mph, but that was beside my new p/u which isn't that accurate. This setup was perfect also for me, but only w/ 75-150' hills, any higher and I was peaking out w/ no rpms left, but not enough power for another gear...the quest goes on......

Well, your on the same quest as me. I've seen dyno charts from a Duncan shee at the pikes peak challenge and was very impressed. Very smooth and broad. I'm thinking of send them my cylinders. Whats your plans?? 300-400' is quite a stretch. I can see why your looking for more pull and longer gearing..

My old setup was 53hp, Ptr mids, 165psi, boysen petals, stock carbs, +4 timing, 16/42 gears, topped out at 88mph, but that was beside my new p/u which isn't that accurate. This setup was perfect also for me, but only w/ 75-150' hills, any higher and I was peaking out w/ no rpms left, but not enough power for another gear...the quest goes on......

296326[/snapback]

Im gonna go with a 4mm stroker with a drag type port and ive got a set of shearer pipes on the way. Ill be running all my current mods too. My bottom end is going to be no more. But I hope to gear down enough that I can be safe in each gear without it falling on its face, and still be able to shift in the middle of the hill if I have to. When we were at the Midwest Shoot out hill climb event, I ran 17/41 gearing on those hills. I would take off in second gear and end up in second gear. Didnt ever shift. My woods port had no problem pullin the high gearing. So Im kinda going from day to night, or night to day however you wanna put it. Im kind of nervous of how its all gonna work out.

If I was you, I'd wait for me to get this shee together like what I'm looking for, most likely it will be perfect for you. No need of both of us blowing our money. W/ the dyno that I've showed you, its doesn't do shit, even on the big hills. I'd rather gear up my old setup and keep it in second. My new setup seems like it has no broadness. I peak out at the touch of the throttle and blazing tires. You need the peak torque to stay low. My new setup keeps the torque in the higher rpms, so my tires just want to blaze over all the time.....Either wait or do your homework. I'm going to Glamis in Feb. You guys should go, we have over 48 quads going from the east coast alone..

If I was you, I'd wait for me to get this shee together like what I'm looking for, most likely it will be perfect for you. No need of both of us blowing our money. W/ the dyno that I've showed you, its doesn't do shit, even on the big hills. I'd rather gear up my old setup and keep it in second. My new setup seems like it has no broadness. I peak out at the touch of the throttle and blazing tires. You need the peak torque to stay low. My new setup keeps the torque in the higher rpms, so my tires just want to blaze over all the time.....Either wait or do your homework. I'm going to Glamis in Feb. You guys should go, we have over 48 quads going from the east coast alone..

296335[/snapback]

Im still undecided about what Im really for sure going to do. Just so many combinations of modification that you can do its unreal. You see one thing you want that sounds good, but in all reality its not the right shit for you.. Gives me a damn headache. I really really dont wanna change the set up I have now, its awesome, I love it, but being ranked #3 gets old. Im not very far behind them, but I need a little extra somethin. Just dont know what yet.

I wanna go to Glamis. We planned on going sometime, just dont know when or if itll really happen. Sounds like in Feb would be the time to go though. Ill keep that in mind.

Its only 6-7 weeks away, so don't wait too long to make plans. I'll let you try my shee out w/ the stroker, so far it has the most low end of any stroker that I've ridden w/ a close second to Fixitrods...but it still isn't like before...I'll keep searching for that power, I have no choice now, I know what I'm missing. See ya in Glamis!!!! Go to the events forum under "East coast riders up for Glamis"

stephen are you looking more of a bike like your bother i take it, i would think low end would be what you would want on those hillclimbs, maybe im wrong anyways best of luck i like watching those videos

stephen are you looking more of a bike like your bother i take it,    i would think low end would be what you would want on those hillclimbs, maybe im wrong anyways best of luck i like watching those videos

296413[/snapback]

Yeah.. I like my low end, but I think its time for a change. I wanna build some real HP behind my machine. And as much as I hate to say it, its not gonna be with a woods port. Im just changin it up, testing my opportunities. And no, you arent wrong at all. Low end is ideal for a hillclimb, but with all these big motors out and all the different kinds of porting, the woods port just isnt practical in my application anymore. Got great low and mid for trail riding, but wide open throttle is where its at most of the time on the hillclimbs we compete in. Hell, I may regret this new motor Im gonna put together, but I guess I wont know until I try it out.