WAL-MART

yeah in all honesty Wal Mart is considered to be the death of the US economy

all the stuff that they have maded overseas in sweatshop so they can sell for less and ruin the competition

i work for Kroger and with us being union we get all sorts of propaganda on

wal mart being bad

some of the stuff they send us is downright scary

town not too far form me where my grandparents live had a wal mart come in and all the small businesses in town slowly started to go under

there arent many stores in that town at all besides the big walmart

Just some info on how Wal-Mart does business. My brother was a manager at a pallet company and he was looking to pick up Wal-Mart's business in the state. They told him to give them a price that's better than any of his current customers and never sell pallets cheaper to any other company and he could have wal-marts business. I think he had to put that in a contract to pick their business up, they sure don't mess around. Their big and they know it.

Wal Mart is a double edged sword. On one hand, they sell just about everything I need at a way lower price than anywhere else. I don't always go there because of the screaming fatherless children that infest that place...the atmosphere in that place drives me nuts.

But, alot of people need that break in price. Quite a few people are employed by Walmart as well. They don't pay worth shit, but its still a job for alot of people.

On the other hand, it is doing an injustice to alot of mom and pop stores. Utahs oldest clothing store closed last week because of walmart. The business itself has been around for nearly 125 years. There is an interchange being built ACROSS the street from my parents house. They mowed down 5 houses, and are "displacing" 10 businesses for this interchange to get people to the Wal Mart a little easier. Around $50 million for the interchange. Not to mention my dad built the house he's living in with his father when he was about 16. He was one of the first residence of that town. City meetings don't mean shit when the mayor has bought alot of empty fields next to the proposed interchange. Looks like Mr. Mayor is planning on selling the land to a couple of truck stops and making some serious cash on the deal.

Everyone is against it except the city planner, the mayor, and a few other people that work for the city.

I know it will be put in. Its just a matter of when. All because of our Wal Mart.

All in all, I try to spread it around. I won't shop exclusively at WalMart, and most of my groceries come from WalMart, but anything else I get at other stores.

:shrugani:

Walmart=Satan!!

I work for Walmart supplier and I can say that they are the worst customer that you could have but have to have them. You either sell to them and make a very very very small profit or you don't sell to them and lose ground to the competition. They are going to drive other US businesses into the ground.

I do shop there though. :confused: Can't beat the prices and on my salary every penny counts. :cry:

they teach us about wallmart in my college cousre.... its one of the biggest corporations in the world now....they have taken over a big supermarket chain in britain and all over the world. everyone shops there cos you can get everything you need in one shop and its all normally cheaper. shame though as all the shops in towns are starting to shut down cos of these

stu

I agree with Cotton eyed Joe, they are good and bad. They do make your buck go farther so you can afford more stuff and you spend more money on banshee parts, ect. which helps the economy. At the same time working for Walmart or doing business with them is like selling your sould to the devil. Looking at the people in Walmart assures me that our society is in a downward spiral to common lifestyles like that seen on Jerry Springer. They also have an unbelievable ability to be able to build anywhere that they want and manipulate local government agencies to get what they want even though the locals trying to develop have been shot down by the enviro nazi's and the same local government. We have a distribution center locally and the added truck traffic on the highways is unbelievable!

Their unfair competition is similar to buying online motorcycle parts which hurts local Dealerships part departments, but also makes them give a competitive price on aftermarket parts or else you just buy online.

wal mart doesnt fuck around. we talk about them alot in my business classes. when they want something you either give it to them or theyll go somewhere else. you give them the price they wanna pay or you might as well forget it. they are huge and know that they can do whatever they want. hard to beat their prices tho, thats the thing about them. i mean shit, ima go to whoever has the cheapest cinnamon toast crunch cereal and pop tarts for breakfast. thats only common practice.

yep, good and bad. they are the largest private employer in America, keep in mind, and some of my friends worked there and they apparently aren't too bad to work for. only folks that hire more, to my knowledge, is the government. walmart was over 1 million employees last i knew. they are quite competitive.. there are probably lots of stories out there. only one i know is that we finally had a Meijer coming to our town, so Wal-mart added a huge addition and turned into a Super Walmart. more jobs, low prices, etc.

i, too, had them mentioned many a time in school.

oh and at least they aren't using their momentum to sell sheer garbage to the masses.. you'd better all be thinking "Microsoft" right now.. :)

Edited by nater006