questions about swingarms

hill climb

chain adjustment takes a matter of seconds unlike the stock stuff which takes a matter of days to do. roundhouse looks better and just functions a whole lot better.

287735[/snapback]

what he said. honda engineers got there shit together.

B)

287738[/snapback]

I actually don't like Honda's design for adjusting the tension of the chain. I can adjust my chain on my Banshee faster than my 400ex. Oh and I HATE allen heads...that's probably mostly why...

It would be hard to improve what honda came up with to adjust the chain. I beleive all roundhousing carriers are the same size as hondas on the outside, they are different where the axle goes thru for different applications. There are many good brands out there, but you still have to pick what you want for bearings, single row (like stock) , dual row(4 bearings) or tapered.

I'm sure that the round house design is easier to work with. But I don't feel the Yamaha design is all that bad. I'd rather save $700 dollars and spend a few more minutes adjusting my chain. Besides, how often do you really adjust your chain?

here is a stock length swinger that i put a Cotton Eyed Joe roundhouse carrier conversion kit on. for 215 bucks you can get the round tube, pinch tubes, carrier, bolts, brake plate and all that. what you do it trim and then weld. its a pretty simple process that takes me about 45 mins to complete from start to finish now. i dont even pull the swinger from the bike. ive done 2 now and they hold up very very well. instead of spendin 5 to 700 for an aftermarket one this is a sweet deal if you can cut and weld.

yamaha-banshee-02-bikepics-143125.jpg

yamaha-banshee-02-bikepics-143127.jpg

yamaha-banshee-02-bikepics-143126.jpg

yamaha-banshee-02-bikepics-143135.jpg