Baja 1000 - Who's comin with me

sredish

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking on the expanded entry list and it looks like the class of choice is the Sportman - ATV class. There were 5 teams in this class this year and it is the class that Mike Penland raced in with his brother I think it was. The quads were 2 Honda 450r's, 1 Kawasaki (doesn't give model), a Bomber 650, and a 400ex. Penland and them guys were on the Kawaski, surprisingly hehe, and scored a big DNF. That's what they get for riding a Kawi.

I also wanted to add that all the quad and bike teams had only 3 riders..... so think on that for a few. The times in this class were from 26:43:06 to 32:12:12 with an average speed of 37.9 to 31.4 mph. The results show 6 teams in this class, with Penland and 6th teams not finishing, they must have drawn out of the race.

The Pro ATV class times were from 19:52:23 to 33:03:16 with avg. speeds from 30.6 to 51mph. 51mph is smoking, I mean as fast as most of the trucks and buggies; that was on a Bomber 650. Eichner's team came in 2nd with a time of 20:01:16 and an avg. speed of 50mph on a Honda 450r.

I'm working on getting a Rules & Regs book also. Entry fee is $950 with an add'l fee of $50 for a Score-Intl membership.

I was looking on the expanded entry list and it looks like the class of choice is the Sportman - ATV class.  There were 5 teams in this class this year and it is the class that Mike Penland raced in with his brother I think it was.  The quads were 2 Honda 450r's, 1 Kawasaki (doesn't give model), a Bomber 650, and a 400ex.  Penland and them guys were on the Kawaski, surprisingly hehe, and scored a big DNF.  That's what they get for riding a Kawi. 

I also wanted to add that all the quad and bike teams had only 3 riders..... so think on that for a few.  The times in this class were from 26:43:06 to 32:12:12 with an average speed of 37.9 to 31.4 mph.  The results show 6 teams in this class, with Penland and 6th teams not finishing, they must have drawn out of the race. 

The Pro ATV class times were from 19:52:23 to 33:03:16 with avg. speeds from 30.6 to 51mph.  51mph is smoking, I mean as fast as most of the trucks and buggies; that was on a Bomber 650.  Eichner's team came in 2nd with a time of 20:01:16 and an avg. speed of 50mph on a Honda 450r.

I'm working on getting a Rules & Regs book also.  Entry fee is $950 with an add'l fee of $50 for a Score-Intl membership.

285305[/snapback]

Is that fee split between the team or per head? I think it would be a fuckin kick ass time just to run the race... finish or not. Of course it would completely own if we topped some people but... I think it would be a flat out badass experience.

Mike

I was looking on the expanded entry list and it looks like the class of choice is the Sportman - ATV class.

That fee is per team, it's actually a fee for the machine your entering. Finish or not, the experience would be like no other. Dakar Rally might not work for me, don't think I could be gone that long, but that is a pretty insane event on it's own.

I don't think CPIs are the pipe of choice. I've been thinking about that and I believe T5s would probably be the best choice, or some SSTs. I'd really like to try my machine out with some T5s in the dunes. I bet it'd be a strong muthafucka in the desert with some T5s.

Is Ben running RZ cylinders tho, I thought I read that he was. Powervalves are the shit!

That fee is per team, it's actually a fee for the machine your entering.  Finish or not, the experience would be like no other.  Dakar Rally might not work for me, don't think I could be gone that long, but that is a pretty insane event on it's own.

I don't think CPIs are the pipe of choice.  I've been thinking about that and I believe T5s would probably be the best choice, or some SSTs.  I'd really like to try my machine out with some T5s in the dunes.  I bet it'd be a strong muthafucka in the desert with some T5s. 

Is Ben running RZ cylinders tho, I thought I read that he was.  Powervalves are the shit!

285344[/snapback]

i heard cpi pipes have the same powerband but more power. I just hope that a banshee like mine would do alright in baja as far as no brakin goes.

hey guys, im only 17, alil on the young side to do much, can someone give me the low down on this race, ive heard of it before, but i thought it was trophy trucks and shit like that....

285447[/snapback]

dude it everything. I think i saw a guy there on a lawn mower once. j/k :lol: