Banshee vs 250r

KRMit

I love my Shee. I've finally got it tuned in just right and I feel comfortable on it. I'm about to start racing pretty soon and was talking to a friend about it last night. In the near future I need to get some shocks, a steering stabilizer, and nerfs to be competitive. He mentioned that before I throw all that money into it I should maybe consider getting a 250r. I might know someone that has one for sale for $2500. I'm a man with VERY limited cash so if I got the R I wouldn't have any money to fix the Shee up and might even have to sell it. :( The 250r is stock+pipe by the way.

I personally would stick with your banshee. You've got a good bit of mods on yours and like you said you feel comfortable on it. The 250R is stock with a pipe; you'd probably need to sink quite a bit of money into it to be competitive with it too. I'd sink the 2500 into the banshee for suspension....Just what I would do :rolleyes:

ya but even with the yfz guys arent going out and placing in campetative sections with them stock you gotta have suspension, axle, pipe, etc to keep up with everyone so if you setup your shee right you can prolly race with that and be pretty competative for less $$$

ya but even with the yfz guys arent going out and placing in campetative sections with them stock you gotta have suspension, axle, pipe, etc to keep up with everyone so if you setup your shee right you can prolly race with that and be pretty competative for less $$$

I never said leave the 450 stock. I think if I were you and I needed to spend some money I'd add to the Shee. I would also start saving and buy a yfz450 add performance stuff to it. I don't hear much about people wanting to beat an R anymore it's all about the yfz450. The shee is your cheapest most exciting way to go.

alot of the nonfactory riders are rammin 250r's still. If you get real serious about racing. like serious enough to ditch your shee because you just wanna mx then ya get a yfz 450 and mod it up but plan on spending $10,000 to get yourself a real competative quad one way or another unles you keep your shee, they you are allready more than half way there...

I love my Shee. I've finally got it tuned in just right and I feel comfortable on it. I'm about to start racing pretty soon and was talking to a friend about it last night. In the near future I need to get some shocks, a steering stabilizer, and nerfs to be competitive. He mentioned that before I throw all that money into it I should maybe consider getting a 250r. I might know someone that has one for sale for $2500. I'm a man with VERY limited cash so if I got the R I wouldn't have any money to fix the Shee up and might even have to sell it. :( The 250r is stock+pipe by the way.

I am lucky enough to have both. If the suspension is stock on both,the honda will only have a slight edge. it's lower and faster out of the corners, holeshots better, but the banshee will hold it's own.On a tight track the honda should win, on a fast open track, the banshee should win.

If you dune more than you race, stick with the banshee. That's hard for me to say, I've had 250r's since 1988. Hope this helps

That 250r is slow, and the frame is junk, keep your shee!

They're slower, yeah, being a 250 and all. Frame is junk? :huh:

I love my '89 R. It doesn't get much usage right now but want to get a good practical big bore kit for it one of these days. Its a great quad... just, a 250, so its not terribly hard to top out. Only has a few mods though but. Still.. nothing wrong with 'em. If you're happy with your shee, keep it -- nothing worse than looking back and knowing you made the wrong choice.

Ya'll are probably right about the 450. That's jumping way out of my price range though. If I dumped $2500 in the Shee it would be the shiznit. There are no dunes around here so we mainly do trails and fireroads. I just set foot on my first MX track last Saturday and I fell in love. I was hitting doubles I didn't ever think I'd have the guts to. We're supposed to start racing the first of the year. I guess I'll be asking for performance parts for Christmas. :P

The Outlaw frame uses almost everything from a 250r so I guess the answer to the $ question is how much you can get 250r parts for.

I wish I could talk my wife into letting me add that R to the garage... but she wants a damn utility.