Dont laugh

2stroker

Ok, here's a video of my stock yfz 450 vs a 450r that has a cam, pipe, and has been ported. This was on the street. I have many more videos of my stock 450 and my bro's stock 450 dusting the shit out of a 450r on the dirt. If you would like to see those i would be happy to post those as well.

RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE TARGET AS

Modded 450r vs. Stock YFZ450

This post is directed to bansheeman1121, 2stroker, Im not telling you that you made a bad decision, cuz I think the 450r is a good quad. Just letting banshee man see a vid.

Edited by stclark04

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ridden the YFZ450 which is why it was my first choice. But, the $1500 difference in price is what swung me. I guess I'm justy a cheap bastard. The YFZ is definitely quicker. But it is also geared lower. The 450r has a really tall first gear. First mod is gonna be a 13t front sprocket. Second mod will be to put a Yamaha sticker on it :D . The forward kick of the kickstarter really blows. Feels like I'm gonna sprain my ankle each time I start it. Despite it's shortcomings, I satisfied overall. Besides, I still have my Shee :headbang:

I watched a piped 400ex tossed a new stock 450r. ALl day long the piped 400ex wipped the sh*** out of the 450r. THey are turds. First thing i would do is get the hrc kit. THat cam makes a difference............. makes it so they can atlest keep up. Every builder round here will tell you the exact same thing

I watched a piped 400ex tossed a new stock 450r. ALl day long the piped 400ex wipped the sh*** out of the 450r. THey are turds. First thing i would do is get the hrc kit. THat cam makes a difference............. makes it so they can atlest keep up. Every builder round here will tell you the exact same thing

The guy on the 450r must not know how to ride then. The 450r's are kinda turds, but they arent that bad.

I like the YFZ when I rode one, although, there was considerably more vibration and I didn't like that. Is the 450r the same way, or is there less engine vibration? I actually have gotten to like the looks of the 450r more. I'm not as concerned with straight away speed in XC and would like a low grunting thumper that is comfortable in and out of the woods.

Ok, here's a video of my stock yfz 450 vs a 450r that has a cam, pipe, and has been ported. This was on the street. I have many more videos of my stock 450 and my bro's stock 450 dusting the shit out of a 450r on the dirt. If you would like to see those i would be happy to post those as well.

RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE TARGET AS

Modded 450r vs. Stock YFZ450

This post is directed to bansheeman1121, 2stroker, Im not telling you that you made a bad decision, cuz I think the 450r is a good quad. Just letting banshee man see a vid.

is the link still alive? I keep getting forbidden access.. :wacko: