what pipe is better?

the best pipe for a Z400 is called a "bps" not sure who makes it, but these offer the most bang for your buck. a little pricey but they offer great power gains, and an awesome sound. let me know if you need help finding one.

You guys are all freaking wrong.

Go with Yosh. They produce the best engine mods for the 400. Yoshimura has done extensive testing on the 400 quad and the motor that the quad was derived from. You won't go wrong, plus you can buy their pipes with three different materials to fit your budget, but they all work the same, just weight savings.

You guys are all freaking wrong. 

Go with Yosh.  They produce the best engine mods for the 400.  Yoshimura has done extensive testing on the 400 quad and the motor that the quad was derived from.  You won't go wrong, plus you can buy their pipes with three different materials to fit your budget, but they all work the same, just weight savings.

Ya, and make sure to ask for the anodized hydraulic muffler bearings.

Mike

Edited by txblueshee

My cousin has a Z400. He dynoed a few different pipes and set ups at his Dad's shop just outside of Harrisburg.

Believe it or not the most power came from a straight pipe, they fabbed up. No silencer at all, i forget the numbers, i can get them from him, but that thing is crazy powerful. sounds sweet too.

You could make your own exhaust system from flexpipe, and get the same results for less $$$$.

my $.02

later man