Shock Reservoir Mounts

sam97

I just bought some triple rate Works shocks with rezzies used on Ebay, and I was wondering what mounts or clamps you guys use for the reservoirs. I was looking at UPP mounts, or some billet ones on Ebay. What works best? 1 or 2 per side? Also my shocks are setup for around a 190 lb rider and I only weigh around 160. Will this make a big difference? I am the first guy in my group to buy aftermarket shocks, so i have no one to ask. If this does need to be fixed, how much does it usually run? Would it involve respring and revalve? Do I have to send them out to Works? I only have pipes, filter, and boost bottle. I only ride at Silver Lake Dunes, and trails. I hope these help me keep up with my buddy with a yfz450. Thanks for any help you guys can get me.

Shit man i'm running some cheapy hose clamps from home depot.... and on the shock valving the weight should be ok depending on how the shocks were setup. If there setup for SERIOUS mx and you trail ride there gonna be a little rough, it will still be 300x better than the stock shit though.

Heres a pic of were my rezzies are mounted:

Frontend.jpg

Mike

I also use hose clamps and rubber in between. I mounted mine about the front fenders screws. I just cut two slits, ran the hose clamp through it and mounted them right above the screws. They are out in the open for adjustment and cooling, but out of the way from rocks and roost.