Cool heads?

I have a question about the cool heads for my banshee. You can get them up to a 22cc dome or combustion chamber, and get the added piece of mind that the cooling in the head is better. My question is this: Does this increase the total displacement in the cylinder or is the stock chamber also 22cc or 21cc? I know that when the engine runs cooler, you get more power. If anyone can fill me in I would appreciate it...................Got Sand?

I believe that stock domes are 22 or 23 cc. Smaller domes will increase compression, giving you increases in HP and torque. and of course have a much better cooling effect.

i dont think that dome size has anything to do with the displacement. i believe displacement is calculated using cylinder bore and stroke, dome size being irrelevant.

please someone correct me if this is wrong.

i dont think that dome size has anything to do with the displacement.  i believe displacement is calculated using cylinder bore and stroke, dome size being irrelevant.

please someone correct me if this is wrong.

Correct ...only bore will adjust ur cc's

And welcome to the HQ....

Edited by banshee76179

Thank you guys for the info. That brought me to another question, if the smaller the cc dome, the more pressure that is inside the cylinder, thus giving you more power. How do you determine which size domes to order? Does it depend on other mods or is it ok to put 16cc, or 18cc domes on an otherwise stock 2002 with T-5's.

depends on what kind of fuel you are going to run. i dont really remember the breaking point on where you should run race fuel, i think its around the 18cc or 19cc dome range. having all that compression isnt gonna do much unless you are running some high octane race fuel. correct me if im wrong everyone.

Bore and stroke dictate displacement; Combustion chamber (dome) volume dictates compression ratio and the shape of the combustion chamber has a lot of effect on the characteristics of the power.

Elevation, other mods, porting, type of riding, and fuel are all considerations when selecting domes. There is such a thing as overkill with compression. 16cc domes are realistic on only a few motors.

Run 20cc domes, you'll enjoy the new and improved grunt of your bike. I run them on 91 octane w/ Fattys, V Force 2s, and an open air box (and some other useless crap) on an otherwise stock motor. Expect around 45-50 horse with that setup.....Ive never dynoed, but this what Alba tells me.

Edited by sandornothing

If I remember correctly I think over 170 pounds of compression is when you should start running race fuel. I'm pretty sure that equates to about 19cc domes. We run 20cc domes on the 99 and are at about 165 pounds of compression, at sea level. We run half race and half super, to be on the safe side.

If I remember correctly I think over 170 pounds of compression is when you should start running race fuel. I'm pretty sure that equates to about 19cc domes. We run 20cc domes on the 99 and are at about 165 pounds of compression, at sea level. We run half race and half super, to be on the safe side.

I'd always heard 160, but, close enough :D

also, if you're bumping your compression up to the max it will run safely on pump fuel, you won't be able to advance your timing or anything on top of that, w/o running a mix of pump and race, or just straight race.