Suspenion Questions

Bongshee

I am looking to do a little suspension mods to my Shee.....I plan on shortening my swingarm to a lonestar - 1"....and widening front and rear. my rear about 1.5" with a Durablue axle. For the rest i wouldnt mind using Elka shocks and lonestar A-arms.

Sounds $$...but this is my first choice. If anyone here has gone thru this and would like too give me your opinion or let me know what you did...i'd be more than glad to read it.......

Im a pretty agressive rider and want something tough and able to handle a good sh!tkicking....and, a good bang for my buck as well.

CHEERS....

:headbang:

I have ricky stator a-arms up fron +2 width and +1 forward. These a-arms are simple but very strong. I beat the crap out of them. I run axis shocks front and rear. I like them but elka makes a great shock too. +2 width is the widest I will go.

I have a stock swingarm cut down -2. It's seems to be plenty strong. The chain adjustment on the other hand sucks. If you have the money, get a round carrier. More traction for sure but I didn't like it in the dunes. I want a +4 for the dunes.

i have +2/ +1 Lonestars with Elka piggybacks in front, and a Durablue 2+2 rear with an Elka rezzie in back.

Plain and simple, it rocks. The only real variable for handling quality is the shock setup. +1 is +1 but the way the shock is setup will make all the difference. You can have an Elka not vavled or setup properly for your weight and riding style that plain sucks and have a Works that is setup correctly that rocks. :shrugani: So, spend the money you feel is appropriate and be sure to disuss how the shock will be setup for you.

What's better, is if you change your style, or want to change the spring rate at a later date, like I did, you can get the springs for under $40 straight from Elka and change them in less than 1 minute a shock. I'm really happy with my Elka setup, works great for me.

I have the stock swingarm, but I've been wanting to try a -1 or -2. txblueshee and I are gonna experiment with cutting one down in the next week or so. We'll see what happens. :confused:

banshee.jpg

Edited by sredish

i run a -2 LSR swinger and +2+1 LSR a arms...............it rails threw corners, but gets pretty hairy on some long 6th gear straights.........it has a tendecy to dart if your not careful. and the quad isn't so nose heavy anymore. I run TCS SCS series fronts with the scs option done on my rear shock.

Edited by tats4life