Leaky c-shaft seal

reded

I believe that seal does not have a lip on it (better double check first or get a new seal first so you can tell)... pull the sprocket spacer out and that should give you enough room to pull the old one. Make sure that spacer doesn't have a groove or build up on it that will tear up the new seal.

i believe you can change the seal on the flywheel side but the one on the clutch side has a lip all the way around it. it will not pound into the case. my buddy and i just had this problem. he didn't want to pull the motor and split the case to change it. so we took a razor blade and removed the center rib from the seal. you must thoroughly clean the seal cavity with a clean rag and brake cleaner. put a thin layer of silicone on the circumfrence of the seal cavity and seal. install the seal. maybe wipe a little extra on the front once it is in. then let it dry for a minimum of 24 hours. this trick will work but like i said before brake cleaner and a clean rag are your friend. silicone works great but the surfaces have to be perfectly clean. carb cleaner leaves a residue.

Make sure you wipe grease into the inner seal of any seal you put it. Put it on the surface that contacts the moving part. If you look at the seal, it will have a "pit" or "lip" to put the grease into. It will extend the life of the seal tremendously.

good tip. ;)