Twist Throttle

I run twist on Banshee and it is big improvement for me over the stock thumb. When I got the 400EX I had plans to convert to twist but the thumb works so well on the Honda plus it is much better sealed than a twist so I have deceided to keep the thumb. No problem bouncing back and forth between twist and thumb.

No complaints here, either. On a long day of riding, the twist makes a difference, at least for me. Just be careful when tapping those holes.. use lots of cutting oil, as you *do not* want to break a tap off in that aluminum.

yeah i will buy cutting oil before i do it. i am using a neighbors drill press so i dont mess it up with my unsteady hand. i probably have a set of carbs that i could get pretty easily if i screw it up though... B)

I ride quands and dirt bikes. I have problems with both. With the thumb throttle on quads it starts to hurt your thumb after a while, and it gets to the point where you can;t even push the throttle anymore. With the dirt bikes I find it hard to get off the throttle quickly. It depends on where you ride, I think. I actually fell today because I was hitting some deep whoops and as I was coming down I was forced onto the throttle and shot off the next whoop and got bucked off. It had alot to do with my riding skill and the fact that my throttle doesn't snap back, it kinda drags back, which reminds me I need to go fix it right now.