FireFox

are you talking about the browser? if so, its widely used in the mac community, however i havent downloaded it yet. i make websites, so i have almost every other browser, since i need to test my designs on as many as possible, but foxfire isnt as widely used, so its lower on my list of necessary testing browsers. thats bad though, i should download it NOW lol i do love safari though, i think thats my browser of choice.

just try it out, if you dont like it, dont use it. :)

Edited by Brooke

Firefox is a great alternative to IE and their email client, Thunderbird, is an excellent alternative to mickeysoft's OE.

I'd say if you've tried netscape 6, and like it to some degree, you'll like firefox a lot more.

Most browsers outside of IE, (Opera, Netscape, apple's Safari, etc.) are all Mozilla-based browsers. It's just the interface and add-ins (adware/popup controls, etc.) that is different

Firefox has the google toolbar built in, so it blocks popups.

I'm actually switching to thunderbird from OE... With firefox I think we have a winner in the battle of the browsers, at least in PC-land.

-Lee

FireFox is great, has some small bugs with some java and flash based stuff though.

I have noticed a few here just trying to use the taglines, :D gotta make sure they are inplace before typing the message. If you go back to insert a tag it places them at the bottom... <_<

:huh: see ?

Yup, i'm a happy Firefox user since its very first days. I don't have the Internet Exploder option, being a Linux user, but who needs it when you have Firefox? Haven't really given the Windoze version a whirl, but haven't heard any complaints (save for folks not being used to it) from users about it.

http://www.mozilla.com

Oh, and to pages that appear to have glitches.. you have to keep in mind that Microsoft has basically distributed all sorts of proprietary web code that work fine with IE -- but not with other browsers. Anything that adheres with the proper W3C standards will show up fine in Firefox. Haven't had any issues though. Microsoft did the same thing with Java... and lost in court to Sun. Hence SP1a for XP... no Java VM.

Firefox is good though..