Keeping it Cool

I like to trail ride with my Banshee, or rip up the local gravel quarry,which is not the problem. The problem is that the Banshee's were designed to flat out fly and it does that very nicely. But when I am racing around in the pea gravel hills my bike gets very, very hot banghead . What I would like to do is either build a custom shroud and put an electric fan behind the steering column to help cool the radiator (no room in front of the column). I also had an I dea that I could custom mount a radiator out of a street bike with a fan under my seat. This would give me more of a cooling reservoir plus a fan. I would either put in a toggle switch to jump between the lights and the fan or put in a larger stator. Has anyone ever done this or is there problems that I am not aware of? Is there other ideas bolt-ons that work nicely and have been proven to stay cool. Any help would be tramendously appreciated, I have been posting this same question all over the net with not one response..................... Got Sand?

Also, be sure that your jetting is correct. A lean jetting condition will definitely cause it to begin overheating.

Other than that, make sure your impeller is good, by replacing it with a PD Impeller as they mentioned, you can get a coolhead/nosshead and run some Engine Ice. That's exactly how my setup is and I've NEVER ONCE overheated. A shroud should not be necessary. Also, engine ice will help, but will not fix a problem that's coming from something else. A lot of times, a motor that continually overheats is telling you something. Either the impeller is bad, the rad is not flowing, or more times than not, your lean. Overheating is bad, and I wouldn't continue to run it much with it overheating all the time, you'll end up with a lot more problems.

Edited by sredish