Rebuild advice....

Bongshee

Hey,

I have a '02 Banshee and need some tips on a rebuild project (not too hardcore) that wil get me some wicked gains. I blew up my pistons last summer...the cylinders are fine....bottom end fine. My bike is pretty much stock motor wise...i have FMF gnarleys, K&N filter, And thats pretty much it. My bike rips right now...my question is, I dont want to do any major motorwork, looking to put in new pistons, aftermarket carbs and maybe v force reeds. I dont want to get too gnarley and start machining anything. or have to do any bottom end work or head work . Would just like to get it put back together and running great.

For those of you who have any suggestions on wicked carbs , and what sizes to go with and any other suggestions on this top end work give me some ideas. I want to egt going on this project ASAP now i have $$.

Thanks

Get some Keihin flat-slide carbs. Those'll give some pretty good kick... and they're pretty darn easy to tune!

Wiseco pro-lite pistons are a good move, also.

Might want to get the crank welded sometime, too.

And.. a Noss head or Cool Head is a basic bolt-on mod that you can use to bump up your compression on it which will be a good difference too.

and you can also advance your timing, and get the flywheel lightened.

If you're not gonna have it ported I would just stick with the stock carbs. I agree with Nater on the cool head, timing advance and lightned flywheel. You may want to get some new rear tires, then some V-Force and you should be good to go for awhile.

If you have the money get a noss head with some smaller domes for racing and some larger domes for normal riding. I don't know about the gains you will get with new carbs, but I had alot of work done to my bike and I left the stock carbs on and they work great.

Lighten flywheel and timing advance will give you more snappy throttle response.

For the money v-force reeds cost, I would just use the stock reed cages and get fmf or boyesen reeds and put some reed spacers in.

You would notice a considerable gain if you got it ported, but if you don't want to do that right now try to get more compression.