Fastest Automatic quad...

PolyKarbon

Dont know about other automatics but a friend had a Polaris 400 Sport. 400cc, two-stroke, 2 wheel drive. It was just Ok in stock trim. Installing a pipe and a clutch kit really woke it up. Hitting the gas from a dead stop or slowly rolling would always bring up the front end. It isn't a twin but its still a 400cc 2 stroke. It hauled ass but but it handled like crap. Felt really top heavy, and the transmission design made you straddle the bike with your legs really wide apart. Dont think Polaris offers these anymore.

you might want to look into getting a regular quad with a centrifigul clutch aftermarket upgrade for it. She'd still have to worry about shifting, but she wouldnt have to worry about stalling it out. Thats probably her biggest worry. I'm sure she'd be able to figure out how to upshift and downshift to keep the engine in the power.

the 700 will freaking fly if you mod the clutch with some other clutch springs. bone stock or even with pipes, the clutch won't put the power out there, but if you change the springs some, then it will hook up and scream, no shit. think about it 700cc's. That's a big freaking motor. I'd buy that if I were to buy an auto, bar none. I want one right now, but only one sport quad she says. :confused:

id say the kawasaki 700 deally. i think they are pretty cool. id like to have one i just dont wanna pay for it :rolleyes: get her one of them.

Is deally a technical term? :flush: I would say the KFX 700 is a fantastic quad as is the Yamaha Grizzly 660. The KFX would definitley be faster than the Grizzly. The Honda Rincon is the other option. Its really a matter of if you want four wheel drive or not. If you get a 4x4 then you could have a hunting rig in the winter. ;)

The KFX700 is bar none the fastest auto quad built by a huge margin. Hooked up with a clutch kit and pipes, they will run with damn near any piped quad out there right now. They have some great potential as well--85 horse to the rear wheels @ $1000 for a FST 800 BBK. I would challenge any one to find a quad that will produce those numbers with that amount of invested money. As the reputable 4 stroke engine builders such as Four Stroke Tech continue to advance their engine kits for the KFX, they will be competive with any super modded quad anywhere. Mickey at FST is working on a 900 chain drive KFX as we speak--when he is done with that quad it will hand damn near everything on the planet its ass.

A couple of years ago I too had that problem , and I bought my wife the most powerful automatic bike (at the time)I could get it was the Kawasaki Lakota, 300, it was okay after going up a couple teeth on the CS sprocket, but I finally got her to do "the clutch thing" I bought a Warrior, and installed a 12 tooth front sprocket, anyone that has ridden a warrior knows, extreme bottom end, so now you can pretty much dump the clutch in sixth gear, at an idle and not stall it, she "digs" it, and pretty much keeps it in third all around (Glamis) for duning, and uses the clutch to start, she thinks it is much easier to get up the hills with the power, than the automatic,

only bad thing, was I had to ride the Lakota the rest of the season, til I could buy the Banshee.

don't worry I took a huge loss when I sold the Lakota to buy the Banshee due to the new 700.

Get her a Scrambler 500 4x4. They are fast enough for your wife, my friend has one and he keeps up with me real well in the woods. It also is no slouch on wide roads either he can keep up with me when im cruisin pretty fast. Plus having 4 wheel drive you can ripp thruogh mud with it real well which is a plus and you can go through snow really well too. If you dont want 4x4 and want something faster for her get the 400 sport/scrambler. You can get up to 65 horsepower out of that sport 400 and get it to beat a stock banshee. If you do decide to get one check out www.hotseatperformance.com they have a ton of shit for Polaris quads and sleds.

I dont know how fast of a wife you have but i think your best bet is to just teach her to ride and like manual shift quads. Then get her a Raptor or a 400EX or soemthing.

Edited by Wassup350