What can I use to make a trail

Holyman

I found an area under some nearby power lines I'd like to use as a drag lane and an oval track but there are small trees and weeds and brush in this area. I took the Trailblazer and rode it slow to get the layout but even after 100 times around the brush still flips up after I drive over it. I took a couple of tires and roped 'em together and dragged that around which only knocked down the flimsy weeds.

Do you guys know of anything I can use to knock down the brush {too big for a push mower} and perhaps even level out the dirt a little? I've been thinking of trying to get an iron plate and sharpen the front edge and drag that over the area but that's not going to be easy to find and I'd have to drop it off at the spot which would be extremely difficult. Bobcat and tractor impossible and even riding lawnmower would be almost impossible.

Your hints would be much appreciated.

we always get a chain saw and cut everything out of our way and throw it to the side. we cut small trees and even that thick brush that has thick stems. then we ride the piss out of them. we ride real fast so it kicks up come roost and tears up the ground. after a few rides its all gone.

yep. a real sharp shovel will take care of those small infant trees. just nail them once real good and chop them off. couple guys with a couple shovels can clear alot of ground pretty quick. best time is also to wait until winter. thats when we make most of our trails. theres just alot less to clear.

My friend and I go through this every time we ride these trails that ride along an expressway...What works best for us, although it can be a little work we bungee tie a hatchet to the rear grab bar and when we come across obstacles we just chop it out. Never seems to hold us up more than 5 minutes or so. We have been talking about how nice it would be to have like a battery powered mini chainsaw that could easily be strapped down and doesn't weigh much...we'd go anywhere we wanted :evil:

Dynomite, ar-15, crew of workers you picked up from the curb armed with machetes, box spring, chain saw or redneck buddies on big ut's run through there a couple times :D .

Mike

The problem is that of your list I can only get the chainsaw in Illinois. The rest of that stuff is only available in Texas ;)