anyone know anything about tacate's?

nickxc

I might have a chance to buy a tecate off a guy for $2500, It has tons of extras. all chrome, bored and stroked to a 350, aftermarket head, tubular extended chrome swingarm, durablue, renthal bars, holeshot mx on douglas .190 all the way around, with a set of 4-snow's on douglas .190, and a set of paddles on douglas also, mint plastics, Its nothing I want to ride I allready have a shee but I am thinking about tearing it appart and parting it out on ebay to make some cash :dance: . ya think it would be worth it??? Thanks!! :confused:

if it's nice enough hang onto it for a while

I dont want it I just want to make sure i can turn over a buck on it. as long as its worth it Ill get it.

I went to his house but he wasn't there. Im gunna try again later...

Yeah, I have owned 2 of them.. an 87 and '88. Lots of stuff you can do to 'em and the engines are really strong 250s. Best mod, after pipes and intake, is to dump a KX250 powervalve assembly in them. It really opens the engine up and is worth every penny. If you can still buy Klemm Research stuff for 'em, they made some really good pipe/silencer combos for the T4.

Only hard thing to find is plastic... kinda screwed in that capacity.

Other than that, its a lil tippy which can be fixed, but a very fast quad overall. Even comes with a nice round swingarm carrier.. no lovely "Banshee" chain adjusting.

Crap I just re-read your post and you were planning on parting it... you should be able to get a MINT for the plastic if its decent. That stuff is damn impossible to find.

Edited by nater006

How does one run that has standard pipe mods with a little bore compared to a banshee with same type of mods?

I was kinda wondering that too. This one is bored and stroked to a 350 (according to the guy that has it) It has D&D racing engraved in the cylinder so im sure its got some good work done to it.. Id like to know how it will run down the road next to my banshee...

I went to his house twice today and no one was home. Ill try again tomorrow if I have time if not monday. Id really like to get this thing especially for the money he's asking.

plastic is mint... along with everything else on the quad actually... :clap: