Jetting the stroker part 2 or is it 3,4,5?

cjm02ram

Had my bike out this weekend again. Weekend cut short b/ I lost spark somehow and cant figure out whast goin on. Any Ideas?

When bike was running it wasnt doin to well. I have stock gearing with Paddla Brats and it just wasnt getting off the line very well. I have 45 pilots 172mains and needle in middle. Tried many differant seeting with air screw. It just doesnt have the power I think it should. Im getting beat good by 250R, a 310R and a few other bikes. Any suggestions on what tro try on jetting? I know it has to be jetting b/ this thing should have more power than it does or at least I hope it does. Thanks.......Chris

I have a C-hair of a delay in off idle response I've been trying to shake but it's not as bad as it used to be. This is not a good thing for dragging and it hurt me at the hillclimb comps.

Does you're motor like it when the airscrews are almost all the way in?

whats your jetting? when i was in minnesota this weekend i had to adjust my air screws. at .5 turn out the off idle response was right there. no bog or delay. i still have a little dead spot but its slowly getting better with each thing i try. id say try your air screws for that off idle shit.

.5 turns out on the airscrew with 45pilots 172 mains needles in the center.Now, with the airscrew .5 turns out that NORMALLY means I have to bump up the pilots one notch.My mains are straight.

Loco, how did you make out with those different size needles? better results?

nooo, the leaner needles made it run like dog shit. it was spittin and sputtering. that definetely wasnt the way to go. i havent messed with the richer ones but i cant image in using them. it seems rich already. im stumped :wacko:

.5 turns out on the airscrew with 45pilots 172 mains needles in the center.Now, with the airscrew .5 turns out that NORMALLY means I have to bump up the pilots one notch.My mains are straight. 

Loco, how did you make out with those different size needles? better results?

nooo, the leaner needles made it run like dog shit. it was spittin and sputtering. that definetely wasnt the way to go. i havent messed with the richer ones but i cant image in using them. it seems rich already. im stumped :wacko:

Don't ever second guess, If it ran like shit w/ leaner needles then you have a really good chance of it running stronger w/ the richer needles.. banghead

I gotta get this small bog out now! I have a big climb Sunday in Mass. and this hessitation will botch my times. The last climb on the circuit is in Monson,Mass and the the one that places first gets $CASH.

if the bog is in the middle it shouldnt affect your times. my bog is in the middle and it in no way affects my times. im dumpin my clutch so quick off the line that by the time i hit the hill im fuckin flying. my bottom end is strong so gettin off the line is no big deal. im even pullin a 17 tooth at some of these climbs here.

It's one of those pain in the ass bogs right off idle.It's just a minor one but enough to matter.I've been trying to shake it from the start.I'll mess with it this afternoon.My pilots seem just right because it doesnt loadup the way it used to.

This next climb is all sand.

"trial and error...trial and error"

Have you tried a pilot jet over 50? I thought i read someone have like a 58 in it and ran good. Im starting to think the best way to get these things dialed in is on a dyno.....Later...Chris

I"m running a 58 in my pj carbs, but when I had my pwk's, my stroker liked the 42's best.....depends on what carb style you have. My pj's run richer.