• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My shee runs 96 with 14/41

at 12,000 RPM it might

lol.

Dunno the RPM, but I was paced by a friends 99 Dakota R/T... :wacko:

That's not an accurate way to do it at all.

B/S! dont you watch NHRA? one car is always next to the other trying to keep up with it to see how fast hes going. :jesterlaugh:

Better recheck the R/T then. I have 16/42 gears and only pulled 88mph. Thats beside my new GMC 2500HD. And I know Gm is generous w/ their gears...so I doubt I'm even at 88mph...so 100mph w/ 14/41.... :rotflmao:.....BUT!!!! if you can't hit 96mph, then you pay for my whole weekend... :o

Edited by Banchetta

Edit: Ya, WTF is up with the 8-pack!?!? 

:lol: We can get 6, 8 and 12 packs of beer here (cans) but the only ones that are ever cold are the 6 and 8 packs so I always get an 8 pack.

I haven't gotten that sprocket yet because he hasn't been home (he's away working) but when I put it on I will let you know the difference. I just dont like how my gears are short now after my port job, I hardly ever use first and when me and the buddies are flying down the fire roads (or paved roads for that matter) I want something that will give a better cruising gear. I think the bike was set up for drag racing when I got it, and I never bothered to change the gearing because I wasn't used ot the bike anyways.

Only problem is getting my chain to fit now (and I just put a new one on) time to add a link or 2... :shootself:

the point is that your banshee wouldn't ever see 11,000rpm in 5th gear let alone 6th. you don't have the port timing, or the pipes to pull 11,000 rpm and running 18cc domes is only hurting your banshees ability to rev. everything is working against you here. a speed calculator can't factor in wind resistance or people lying about the rpm they are pulling. woot woot roosthrower scores with hard facts.

Edited by roosthrower

the point is that your banshee wouldn't ever see 11,000rpm in 5th gear let alone 6th. you don't have the port timing, or the pipes to pull 11,000 rpm and running 18cc domes is only hurting your banshees ability to rev. everything is working against you here. a speed calculator can't factor in wind resistance or people lying about the rpm they are pulling. woot woot roosthrower scores with hard facts.

I didn't say I was hitting, I said it was possible. And IF I was, it would be possible to hit that speed. Now, since I don't have a tach I wouldn't know the RPM's I was at, but I do know I passed him, when he was at that speed. Thats all I said. So please remove yourselves from my dick, and go abouts reading the rest of the forums. Thank you. :shootself:

I run a 16/40 I have a 17 but can't get it on due to chain length. As far as this crap about a 14/41 doing 96 nope not possible with a stock tranny. I have a excel spreadsheet that calculates all this stuff(on a computer in a different state right now but I'll get it this weekend if I have a chance so thes numbers aren't exact) with my 16/40 gearing and 20 inch tires 90's is achievable but at that speed your tires suck in so much the rims will stick out and it will look like your going to pull the tire off the bead, it's not worth it to try a 17 unless you have a wicked motor like duece and can use all the gears. My program shows speeds at engine rpms through all six gears and figures in tire size and gearing.

As far as the gearing on changes go it's approximately 9 mph each tooth on the front. 1 tooth larger add 9mph one tooth smaller subtract 9mph from your top speed. The rear sprocket is roughly equivalent to 1/3 change of the front so plus one on the rear then subtract 3mph one tooth smaller on the rear then add 3mph.

I can't remember what a stock Banshee is geared at but I know the 87 had one size smaller front sprocket than the later models but I was thinking it was a 13 so if you figure a stock 87 does 65 with 20 inch tires @ 9000 rpm then by my setup plus three on the front and minus one on the rear then you add 30mph to the top speed and that gets you 95mph. figure in the gearing and I'm certain mine can do 90 checked with a gps but not much more. so there is no way a 14/41 can do 96 it's not possible. I'll run the numbers this weekend and give you the actual speeds.

Edited by PUSH THE THROTTLE

Just go to sandfest sept. 17-19th. I want to witness this first hand. No bullshit, no comments, lets just see it!!! Shit, I'll pay for your whole weekend... ;) And it has to be on flat ground... :P

Edited by Banchetta

What part of Iowa do you live in? I'm in Illinois, welcome to meet somewhere?

I don't live in Iowa I ride there may parents have a fairly large farm riverbottom, sandbar, hills. I live in the Twin Cities kind of I've only spent 3 weekends up there in the last year 2 of them for Monster trucks in the Metrodome. As for where I ride I'm between Iowa City and Des Moines, About 15 miles north of the KINZE manufacturing plant on I-80 if your familiar with it. Where are you at in Illinois? I'd be game for some riding sometime.

As for the speeds I was a little off on what I said before when I did 90 I had my 22's on not my 20's by my Excel spreadsheet that puts me at 93.85848728mph @ 9000rpm my tach (tiny tach from Dennis Kirk $50) won't quite hit 9000 with my DMC's. Couldn't exactly remember but I was pretty close.

As far as a 14/41 with 22's at 9000rpm = 80.1230989mph far cry from 96.

But 14/41 with 22's @ 11,000rpm = 97.92823198mph. Better wear a cup while riding that grenade.

If anybody wants this spreadsheet pm me or if someone could post a link for it I'll send it to you if you tell me your email. I downloaded it from the forumns about 2 years ago.

I got that front sprocket and put it on yesterday. It's actually a 16 tooth. (which is better for me) I took it out on an old road here and wound it out and it scared the hell outta me I didn't get it wide open because it started to shake a bit. I have no idea how fast I was going but it works good. I really like first gear now and I like it when I wheelie because I have more time before it's time to shift.

I can't believe I left that 13 tooth on for this long. It's like a whole new bike! :cheers: