17 tooth front sprocket

2Smoker

Hey,

I just got my bike put back together and it pulls like a raped ape. :bolt: Anyways I was running a 13 front/41 rear and my gearing is waay too low now. I was going to get a 15 tooth front sprocket at the local stealership, but a friend of mine who has owned a few banshees has a 17 tooth front sprocket.

He had to special order it it's off a rd350 or an rz350 and he said he loved it on the banshee he had(he doesnt have it anymore). It's in good shape. He wants an 8-pack of beer for it, am I wasting my time going with that high of gearing? I think my bike has the balls to pull it and I do alot of road driving so I think I would benefit from the taller gearing. Does anyone here run a 17 front and a 41 rear?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 16 and stock rear on mine and a 17 on hand. I will say the 16 pulls at least 90mph, but it takes a while to get there. 5th gear is like the old 6th gear. All of the lower gears (1-4) pull harder, b/c the motor is strong enough it doesn't "notice" the gears are higher. I'm not sure mine could pull a 17. Maybe after I get a cool head w/domes.

i run a 17 tooth at hillclimbs sometime, but i have a pretty built engine. my brother has a woods port and can easily pull the 17 tooth. we both generally run 16s for everything. if it feels like itll pull it then get it ans try it out. whats 10 or 15 bucks for a sprocket??