motorcycle insurance

bignasty1

I pay $400 per year for FULL coverage on my Ducati 996 thanks to my awsome wife doing some hard research and price shopping after my rate with Progressive went from $400 per year to $1600 per year the very next year for no other reason than they decided to change the rates bases on their revaluation of that particular model. My new insurance is through GMAC, I started a post in the Tips and Tricks section several monthes ago with 1-800 number and everything.

Get a used bike that you can afford with cash, no financing, so you just have to carry PL/PD which is usually very cheap on almost any bike and rider. Full coverage is usually rediculous for a driver with few years of experience or any rider on a sport bike.

insurance is gonna be tough at ur age with a sport bike. most companies around here wont even bother to give u a quote at that age. i think a cruiser would be cheaper on insurance. which i dont understand, both are dangerous.

Exactly. If you get shot with a .22 or a .357 mag its going to kill you. One will leave a bigger mess is all.

This morning one from each catagory was killed during the AM rush to work. One was on a bullet bike, the other on a big cruiser. Both got taken out by left hand turns in front of them. The guy on the bullet bike was going 95-100 in a 40 mph through an intersection with his light in a full red, and the guy on the cruiser was doing the speed limit on a straight away road.

Edited by Cotton eyed Joe

I pay $400 per year for FULL coverage on my Ducati 996 thanks to my awsome wife doing some hard research and price shopping after my rate with Progressive went from $400 per year to $1600 per year the very next year for no other reason than they decided to change the rates bases on their revaluation of that particular model. My new insurance is through GMAC, I started a post in the Tips and Tricks section several monthes ago with 1-800 number and everything.

Get a used bike that you can afford with cash, no financing, so you just have to carry PL/PD which is usually very cheap on almost any bike and rider. Full coverage is usually rediculous for a driver with few years of experience or any rider on a sport bike.

Mind posting that 800 number again?

I could use an extra grand.

thanks for the tips fellas i called my insurance company and gave them a list of a few bikes that i like and they are going to call me back today sometime to let me know on what my quotes gonna be.

when u get all that info back, post it up on what bikes, im curious to know. insurance rates are different everywhere, id like to compare.

thanks blue those are exactly the type of bike i am lookin for. i like the yamaha the best i am gonna go out after work and check one out i called the dealer they got 2 in stock so i am gonna peep in on them.

damn 2 of them almost everywhere else in country is sold out of them according to people on sportbikes.net, you might check with your local dealer on this but around here you only have to carry liability on anything under 10,000.

I would think the CB599 would be a great bike. I haven't priced it so I don't know if it is overpriced like was said. I have a friend that rides a CB919 and loves it. The 599 uses an injected version of the proven 95-98 CBR600F3 motor.

State Farm has the cheapest insurance I have found for motorcycles. That is bad considering Progressive is a sponsor of AMA. State Farm goes solely off of motor size. Insurance through them on a 1100 V-star is higher than my CBR1000RR.

If you go through Kawi credit, it is just like a credit card with a revolving account. There is no collateral. That is why you don't have to have full coverage.

Buy you a 1000RR. I love mine.

By the way, I have found that Abernathy's in Union City, TN has the cheapest prices around. The beat the best deal I could find locally by $2000 on my CBR. They are about 2 hours from me so it was worth the drive. Mapquest says they are 6 hours from you BigNasty1, so you can decide if its worth it or not. They sell the hell out of bikes down there. Something like 60+ street bikes alone each week! Not to mention ATV sales. They sold 4 CBR1000RR's in two days.

Check them out at Abernathycycles.com Don't waste you time trying to haggle them less than the price they give you. They already know they are the cheapest. I asked if I got a free hat or anything, the store manager said, "We gave you the bike." I have no complaints with them.