motorcycle insurance

bignasty1

well i finially got enough dough to go out and pic up a street bike get a banshee and rebuild my z the rest of the way into operating condition to sell. but i got a delema i havent had a chance to talk to insurance companies to see what kinda rates i'm gonna be able to afford on a bike what i am looking for is something to learn on have ahlf way decent insurace rates and not get bored a week later with it so i'm kinda limited i have no issues with riding something other than a yamaha since i dont know crap about these bikes as well as who makes nice ones i prefer the look of a naked street bike like the honda 599 or a buell or something to that effect and i have no issues with buying used. sorry for rambling but some one has to gone threw this allready and may have some advice for me. by the way i'm 19 and have a spotless driving record no tickets no nuthin if that helps or even matters.

Edited by bignasty1

actually i wasnt sure on which kinda bike i want yet i like them all the same really i like cruisers because they are comfortable and sound cool and i like the crotch rockets like the cbr's and r6's and what not because they are quick and fuckin bad looking. i think i am going to go and check out one of those honda 599's anybody know about them at all? or maybe the yamaha thats similar to the honda 599( cant think of its name and dont feel like lookin) but thanks for your input every body

yeah. insurance is a pain in the ass. but for me an 18 yr old with a GSX-R 750 not financed, it was about 450 a year for full coverage. its not too pricey, but it is that little extra that most people look over and then when they total their shit they are out of a bike.

Yeah, tell me what insurance company? My 2001 zx-6r is about 70 a month liability. I'am 19 with a discount because of a 3.5 in college.

actually i wasnt sure on which kinda bike i want yet i like them all the same really i like cruisers because they are comfortable and sound cool and i like the crotch rockets like the cbr's and r6's and what not because they are quick and fuckin bad looking. i think i am going to go and check out one of those honda 599's anybody know about them at all? or maybe the yamaha thats similar to the honda 599( cant think of its name and dont feel like lookin) but thanks for your input every body

I personally dont like the 599 and is a little over priced, i recently purchased a fz6 and i really like it alot it has the same engine as the r6 with different cams, http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/uniti...yamaha_fz6.aspx, and another choice would be the sv 650 this is also a really great bike. http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/SV650SK4/Default.aspx. progressive has the best rates around here, state farm is supposed to be fairly cheap as well.

yeah. insurance is a pain in the ass. but for me an 18 yr old with a GSX-R 750 not financed, it was about 450 a year for full coverage. its not too pricey, but it is that little extra that most people look over and then when they total their shit they are out of a bike.

and where did you find those rates? I called everywhere and nobody would touch my 900RR (i'm 23, perfect driving record at the time) for under $1500/year for full coverage.

i also had a honda super hawk. the only thing that sucked is that it was a 1000cc so insurance was about 2300/year full coverage and 450/year for plpd. so i rode real carful. and for those of you who dont know wtf a super hawk is. its kinda like a cbr but with out the side fairings and it has a V-twin. fun bike lots of tourqe.