13tooth sproket

jjfizzle51

He just revs it wayyy up before letting the clutch out, and comes back and starts a couple threads about what replacement clutch fibers and steels to get before next ride...  :P

Uuuuuuhhhh, no I don't. :unsure:

Never been to Oregon, I'd sure love to someday, and I promise to gear down. :cheers:

Yah, just giving you hell for no good reason..

:whoa: God damn that sand is deep. Have any more "sand" pics?? Oh, and just to clear it up, I still start out in 2nd. ;) I keep 13, 14, 15 and 16 front sprockets and 38 to 42 rear sprockets, and I've tried them all. No matter what, I always end back at a 15/41. For my race next weekend, I might try a 15/42.

Yeah Nate, sarcasm is my best friend, it's what keeps us going... :lol:

Edited by sredish

The only thing I like about the 13 I ran was the super low first gear. with the 13 on, first through third are way too short for any sort of drag racing and you are going to spend more time shifting than moving foward. I'd recommed the stock 14 on a piped banshee and my banshee with some port work really likes the 15.

Very Interesting topic! I will be testing my bike out real soon at Glamis. New mods include 22 " haulers 8 paddle and 13 tooth sprocket. I'm starting to regret putting the 13 tooth after reading this forum. Had anyone had experience with my set up in the sand?

In the past...my bike wasn't able to hit 5th gear up Olds.

5th up olds sounds like alot to me most guys are pinned in fourth i think.. unless afull drag bike but i could be wrong

I am a bigger guy and could not get a consitant launch with the stock 14 now with the 13 it is alot easier and i am way happier but motor mods coming so might have to change it up again

Edited by Yamahammer

i primarily ride in the woods and after i put my FMF SST pipes on i rode it once with 14/41 gearing and before the second time out with the new pipes i switched to 15/41 gearing and i like it alot better. as others have stated i don't have to shift as much because the power seems to be spread out a little more so to speak, plus the tires weren't breaking loose as quickly and easily which helps make the bike quicker( a little more traction). after i get my port work done i'll run the 15/41 gearing and see how i like it then i'll probaly experiment with 16/41 gearing because of the extra power.

sand creates alot ,, alot more drag than dirt so a higher sproket would work better and stretch the power band out,

in the sand you need the tourque multiplication of the lower gear to keep ya going especially on race starts and dune riding where you are slowing down and taking off alot, you would smoke a clutch if you ran that high of a gearing in the sand..

my 0.02

Depends on how much power you have. If you have enough to pull it then you'll be fine, if not, then you'll be clutching excessively. I have enough for a 15/41 but not enough for a 16/41 in the sand, and would then be burning my clutch up.