13tooth sproket

jjfizzle51

slows you down ;)

no shit. ;) i freaking hate lower gears. taller/higher gears allow you to pull a gear longer. some say lower gears in the woods, bs, taller gears will allow you to hang onto a gear much longer. with a lower gear, you'll be shifting more than going. you can have all the shit in the world and a 13/41, and you'll be spanked by a piped 15/41 banshee every time. I run a 15/41 and love it, haven't tried 16/41, but don't know if it would pull it as well.

Best thing to do is to try it. Get a cheap JT sprocket from RMATV or MagicRacing and they're plenty strong, try it and see for yourself. If you don't like it, then put the other back on.

slows you down ;)

no shit. ;) i freaking hate lower gears. taller/higher gears allow you to pull a gear longer. some say lower gears in the woods, bs, taller gears will allow you to hang onto a gear much longer. with a lower gear, you'll be shifting more than going. you can have all the shit in the world and a 13/41, and you'll be spanked by a piped 15/41 banshee every time. I run a 15/41 and love it, haven't tried 16/41, but don't know if it would pull it as well.

Best thing to do is to try it. Get a cheap JT sprocket from RMATV or MagicRacing and they're plenty strong, try it and see for yourself. If you don't like it, then put the other back on.

I run a 15/41 along with 1/2 the other people on this site... Like sredish said, you hook it up w/ that 13t guys w/ 15/41 guys will be passin you on two wheels.

Mike

It'll give you a bit more low end pull, popular amongst duners in stock/mild modded form.

That is right on. Most of us drop to a 13 out in the sand. It helps to get those big paddles spinning and not lug it. I go up to a 15 when not in the sand though for all the reasons listed above.

Ha! Pussies! I run a 15/41 in the sand just the same. No prob!!

Do that in Oregon sand and then you can call people pussies. :P

He just revs it wayyy up before letting the clutch out, and comes back and starts a couple threads about what replacement clutch fibers and steels to get before next ride... :P

He just revs it wayyy up before letting the clutch out, and comes back and starts a couple threads about what replacement clutch fibers and steels to get before next ride... :P

Uuuuuuhhhh, no I don't. :unsure:

Never been to Oregon, I'd sure love to someday, and I promise to gear down. :cheers:

I run a 16/40 combination and love it. Mine came with a 12 to start some guy thought it would be good for woods, nope pretty well sucks always shifting. With the 16/40 when I go in the woods I never have to shift above 3rd when it's tight. Wheelies are effortless in 1-3 with my negative 2 swinger. 15/40 is a little quicker but I also felt quicker with the 16/40 than a 14/40. Go up not down you'll like it better. I'd recommend a 15.

Also allows for a 2nd gear start so you miss the 1-2 shift which is the easiest to fuc up

Yep, that too. I don't think my Shee has seen 1st gear in a while. We have some soft deep sand out here and it takes some torque to get those meats spinning. Just check out how deep the sand is! :jesterlaugh:

Mvc-006s.jpg

1.jpg

I'm thinking I'm gunna try like 15/38 or 15/40. My case saver won't allow anything over a 15. But hell, with the shortened swingarm & shizzle I'm constantly slamming gears. I'm used to it so it's no big deal, but I just want to try a different combo and see how shee performs.

sredish...if you make it down for the LS HQ ride, if I'm not using it, I'll let you try my 13 front & see how ya like it on the sand. B)