Extended swing arm What length?

BansheeBuhl

Hello fellow Banshee brothers (and sisters where applicable). I just put sand star paddles on my shee, and the front end comes up non stop. I want to put an extended swing arm on to help keep the front down. I mostly ride in the sand, so I was hoping to get some good advice on which to buy. 2" or 4"? Will it drastically affect the way my quad handles, will it still corner properly? HELP!!!!!!! BansheeBuhl :headbang:

I'd guess that since its coming up non-stop and you're running mostly sand, the +4 would be the way to go. If you still ride trails, might want to consider the shorter one.

He hit it right on. If you go more than about +6, you'll have to run your chain either loose enough that you can jump, or tight enough that it won't skip off the sprocket, and not jump. The chain tightens as the swingarm moves upward.

With a lengthend swingarm, you will decrease your turning radius, but it won't be bad. A +4 would be a good all around length imho.

Edited by Cotton eyed Joe

It will make a small difference, but IMO not worth the effort.  I run a +4 and love it, works great in the sand and in open desert stuff too.  The small change in the turning radius is well worth the added stability.  I say get the +4...

I agree.

yep, just got my +4 Swingarm on, and my +2+1 A Arms, gonna give her a test ride in the desert this weekend, but im happy already just lookin at it!! :P