anyone know how much hp fords 4.6 has?

nickxc

hey bansheeke the ranger that was mentioned the thunderbolt, it is street legal and i have personally seen it driven. ford sets up a huge display during our once a month summer car shows and they bring everything. including the 96 Boss that does 0-60 in somthing like 3 seconds.

ps at the last one the had a GT no ropes around it at all you could walk right up and check it out. that is a bad ride.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats bad ass. Ford does a much better job than gm when it comes to lettin there customers know they are working for them and performance does matter. I'm not a ford fan, but i'll give them that. Those gt's are some pretty bad ass cars.

From what I heard the LS1's are harder to get the bigger numbers out of? They come pretty strong out of the factory

They are very strong out of the factory. An ls1 camaro...heads, cam, intake, good tires, will knock down 11's all day. there are people with stripped down STOCK motor ls1's running deep into the 11's. BUT, they are stripped down, interior etc. THats not impressive to me. I build street cars. Not something you can't have a passenger in.

The exhaust pipe is there, its just hard to see. The exhaust doesn't fit quite right. I had a local shop put in a dump for me and it hasn't looked right sense. The slp exhaust fit pretty well originally, but it went south after the dump. Thats gonna be going in favor of borla or gmmg chambered.

As for the black and white..i think your dreaming. the camaro has a built 383. Gimme an open road, all he will see is tailights fading in the distance. I have not had the car dynoed, because i am not happy with the build. I want to do a 396. But, now thats its in a good state of tune, i'm sure it'll put down some decent numbers. With the afr heads it probably puts down 500+(conservative) at the rear wheels. This is an lt1 car in case you guys didn't know. Basically a plain jane 350 when you tear it down, but with fuel injection and reverse cooling

The regal i have a dyno sheet for somewhere. It put down 451rwhp and 516 ft lbs in close to street trim. I ran the alky and had the boost set at 23 psi.

I had no problems keeping the s-10 cool. Aluminum radiator and electric fans. Even during burnouts and other hard driving, it NEVER went over 180.

svtkid78

When you are ready to step up and bring on the truck (if you even have it, you can't hardly speak i hope you don't drive lol) your daddy bought you. I'll bring the camaro or the regal. U pick. I'll show. pink slip in hand. If your truck has the balls to beat either one of my cars. When the camaro was near stock with just exhaust I ran a car length ahead of a 2,002 ( :rolleyes: ) lightning with out many mods. Just the k&N set-up. Since then horsepower at the wheels has doubled. bring it.

here are a few pics of my toys....

the s-10 i traded for the grand national..got some pics of it somewhere. I only had it for 3 months. Got it back, sold it as is and then bought the 87 turbo-t in chicago. still have it and the camaro. All of these cars were built by me.(but of course i have no clue what i'm talking about :rolleyes: ) The camaro has a full forged set-up..383, afr heads, plenty of other stuff. The regal has a list a mile long of little mods. Only internal engine mods are lt1 valve springs and a comp custom grind cam.

Havent ran the camaro at the strip yet. Regal knocks down 11.0's at 119 on a regular basis with 110 and 26-27lbs of boost. I could run more boost and get some 10's, but i'm just not ready for a roll cage.

the 87 turbo-t regal

regal3.jpg

Regal1.jpg

Glad to meet someone else who also owns a turbo Buick. Here is a pic of my 86 GN that I own, details of it are in the link to my website in my sig! :cheers:

Well I checked into it and If I read right the police interceptor puts out 239 hp. not overly impressive but should move the car allright. (Im buying mostly for the wife and baby anyway)

Well I checked into it and If I read right the police interceptor puts out 239 hp. not overly impressive but should move the car allright. (Im buying mostly for the wife and baby anyway)

im sure you wont be dissapointed with your decision... and if you DO want it faster, there are more and more mods coming out for the 4.6's every day.

Man, all this chebby talk is making my mustang hungry! Where are you from 01bansheeke? nice rides btw!

Picture117.jpg

Picture104.jpg

this is my 87 GT i'm still doing odds and ends on it but by the times its done it'll have a 347 stroker and a big ass turbo backed by a manual valvebodied AOD and some form of a 9in rear end. but of course money has put it on hold being in college and all.

good luck with your build. I am in kansas.

I think your mustang might bite off more than it can chew for the time being. But it sounds like i'd have my hands full when you get your car done the way you want it. I hear ya on college. I tried that. Didn't work out. Insted i chose the working route.

I have looked in to the turbo route..not sure if i want to go there with the camaro yet. Got too much in it to sell it....i think i want another regal :D

The exhaust pipe is there, its just hard to see. The exhaust doesn't fit quite right. I had a local shop put in a dump for me and it hasn't looked right sense. The slp exhaust fit pretty well originally, but it went south after the dump. Thats gonna be going in favor of borla or gmmg chambered.

Thank god I thought you might have had a serious condition or something if you didn't have duals, thought you might need committed. How do you like the dump? I've always wondered if they do much but never known someone that tried it.

As for the black and white..i think your dreaming. the camaro has a built 383. Gimme an open road, all he will see is tailights fading in the distance. I have not had the car dynoed, because i am not happy with the build. I want to do a 396. But, now thats its in a good state of tune, i'm sure it'll put down some decent numbers. With the afr heads it probably puts down 500+(conservative) at the rear wheels. This is an lt1 car in case you guys didn't know. Basically a plain jane 350 when you tear it down, but with fuel injection and reverse cooling

You didn't mention it was built (atleast I didn't notice) so I assumed it was still mainly stock. I'm sure you'd have it. But in the defense of the cop car vs LT1 in stock form in a Camaro they would be a fair drag with even drivers. I knew a kid in high school with a LT1 Camaro they are fast but don't underestimate the cop car they do an excellent job putting power to the ground.

I build street cars. Not something you can't have a passenger in.

If I built cars that would be the only way to go in my book.

hell ive got a 2001 Ranger and its got the 4.0L V-6 in it and stock its got 210HP and with my chip, its pushing 240-250. the 4.6 is almost worthless.

I've had three Rangers 92,99,02. I have the 99 now it's supposed to be 160HP in 2000 they went to the 205HP and driving them I can't tell other than one is newer a bit of difference honestly if I had my choice I would still have the '92 it was cheaper and it would beat both of the newer ones in a drag but even after the repaint I couldn't beat the rust. I loved that '92 great in the mud plenty of power k&n flowmaster dual exhast but now I wish I had the money from that stuff, I did toy with the idea of installing an engine we had out of a wrecked Saleen mustang but it wasn't going to be worth the time or money. I'd like to see a dyno of your chipped Ranger making 240 or even 210 with or without the chip I don't believe they do atleast not at the rear wheels, I've always thought about installing a chip in mine but I have decided that I will never waste any more money on a V6. My Ranger is for sale now and as soon as it's gone only V8's in full size form in the future I hate V6's and mine is a stepside(Banshee won't fit) if it wasn't cheap I'd have never bought that worthless truck but for what I paid for it I should break even after having it for 3 years and 50,000 miles. As far as that 4.6 being "almost worthless" I dare you to run from a cop with a crown vic in your ranger if you don't roll it or have the cop drive beside you and laugh he'll shove you in the ditch. Since I have had both I can definately say you don't stand a chance it's like a Blaster (if that) racing a Banshee I'm not kidding.

Edited by PUSH THE THROTTLE

i wasnt trying to talk shit about my ranger. its a 4x4, its used for the woods and it does push at least 240. it was at 207 from the factory and i have dyno results from the day i bought it, and Wayne Jones from Jones Perfomance put it in and dynoed it.. i dont want to run from the cops, where the hell did that come from? and the fact is that i could care less about drag racing a damn ford 4x4 V6 1/4 ton truck in the first place. its a playtoy. im not sayin that the 4.6 are worthless, but if my V6 can make just as much power with less fuel, whats the point.

Edited by loganskinner

Logan I don't mean anything bad either against you or your Ranger, Rangers are great in the mud, mines covered as I type, and I'd get one before I'd get an S-10 I'd never buy a dodge anything. With the crown vic I was getting about 25-30 mpg and the Ranger doesn't see 23 on the highway. The '92 was better on mileage than either of the new ones. I drive about 1,200 miles a week and I've got this fuel thing pretty nailed down.

No offense S-10 guys either, I'm a Ford guy at heart but will drive anything to quote Vin Diesel "fast enough to do something stupid in"

And Dodge guys never will one have my name on the title.

it does push at least 240. it was at 207 from the factory and i have dyno results from the day i bought it, and Wayne Jones from Jones Perfomance put it in and dynoed it..

I should check mine maybe I got screwed. It's ballsy but no V8. So the chip really makes a difference? Do you have to run premium? And another thing why can't Ford put leather in a Ranger????