anyone know how much hp fords 4.6 has?

nickxc

not just vettes...cadillac cts-v's..camaro have the LS1 motors. Basically the same motor from the vettes to the camaros. Cam, intake and heads makes an ls6..which jumps from like 325 horse up to 450. IMO the LS1 is a very impressive motor, but it has nothing to do with what he asked. The 4.6 is a turd imo. take it or leave it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford needs to bring back the 5.0 and put it in a small car. A car the size of a focus with a 302 in it would kick ass.

"Kugel Components" (the hot rod company) actually builds a conversion kit of sorts that allows you to do this very swap. Turns the focus ZX3 into a small block RWD sleeper, I've driven one (we build springs for them)....a hand full but very fun! Had 2 working versions at SEMA last year.

450 hp TUNED is still not impressive to me. a ls6 zo6 pushes more than that with an aftermarket exhaust. No need to get in a dick swingin contest about this. We could go on all day. I'm just saying, they are by no means a ballsy motor(4.6)

lingenfelter builds some crazy shit(used to, i believe he passed away). 900hp plus twin turbo vettes, insane

Gimme a blower like the whats on the cobra on a ls1 camaro, and i'm pushing 500hp+ easy. Impressive to me. And chances are, i'm still cheaper.

gt40 biatch. I believe the 5.4 it uses is good for over 500hp. not really in the same class as the corvette but hey the 4.6 ford really isn't in the same class as a corvette either. comparing a 4.6 to a 5.7 is kinda stupid. you know what? screw all of these v8's. I want a viper.

whats the fucking comparison to a vette ? corvettes suck major ass. they went from a real muscle car to a fucking yuppy mobile. how many vetts on the road these days see over 80 mph ? not alot buddy

fukit I put in my bid and if I get a 2002 crown vic that the wife can get the baby in and out of the back seat easier than my 2 door monte. and I can have a little fun in it for the price I bid GREAT!! It will work for us.... :dance:

whats the fucking comparison to a vette ? corvettes suck major ass. they went from a real muscle car to a fucking yuppy mobile. how many vetts on the road these days see over 80 mph ? not alot buddy

no, vettes are great!.... my mustang ate one for a snack last week

Fords all the way!

i hear ya 347cid vettes are for old people and kids that dont pay for them. you want a real muscle car buy a mustang for way less and you'll be so F*&^ing happy you dont have 600 dollar a month payment. besides when was the last time you heard of anyone getting some in a vette, you dont no back seat. so if you want to buy a half a car that is designed to be 1. expesive 2. trendy 3. make you look like an old prick get a vette. but for my money ill keep my mustang and buy more of them until the day i die. also the 4.6 is a great motor i have a buddy with a 96 GT that he bought as a theft recovory and we installed a used drivetrain in it the only weak link in that car is the pos stock trans. other than that he drives 320 miles a week back and fourth to school and it gets him about 28-32mpg. i didnt believe him at first either but i did the math and checked it twice.

ps you'll love the crown vic my dad has a 92 with every option except for the police interceptor with 148,000 miles and its running strong and quick for a heavy a## car.

no, vettes are great!.... my mustang ate one for a snack last week

Fords all the way!

god damn right, vette was the biggest mistake of my life, should of bought a cobra or a saleen instead. and i probley would of had it to this day.

my 2 door monte

The crown vic will be so much nicer than a monte, I hate them with a passion my sister has had two of the new SS's and they aren't much faster than my ranger, and the steering sucks IMHO. The crown vic will feel like it floats and since it's a cop car they are very fast. Not supercar fast but they will hold their own even with the 4.6.

i'm not really all about vettes. I personally wouldn't want one. I was talking about the power plant. Its not just in vettes.

I was referring to the ls1/ls2/ls6 motors. All pretty much the same. Someone said the 4.6 had some balls. I don't think it does, thats my opinion.

The gt-40's are bad ass. Gm needs to step up with something like that, but you'll probably never see it.

anything that ways next to nothing, handles like a dream, and has 500hp..is impressive to me. But, That is a far cry from the 4.6 in the crown vic. I guarantee you the gt-40 has some SERIOUS tuning to get 500 hp.

everyone has there own opinion about whats fast and what isn't. A ricer with a 4cyl..say 160 hp...whatever they get out of those f'in things, thinks he's fast. John force probably thinks a 9 sec car is a turd.

Edited by 01bansheeke

I have a 4.6 2v SOHC that makes over 500 rwhp so how can that be a terd. Obviously some people don't know what there talking about.

And I bet you have less money in it that a vette would have cost. Really though I think the ls1 is a good powerful engine but I don't think it is very dependable once modified. Maybe the one that turned me off the guy was just an idiot, I dont know. Watching one freshly rebuilt pull about 450 on the dyno was cool but the second pull blew it up.