anyone know how much hp fords 4.6 has?

nickxc

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...

did you even read what you quoted. 390Hp is NOT impressive with a blower. Gimme a break. new vettes knock down 400 at the motor..ALL MOTOR

Also, the 4.6 doesn't hold a candle to the older 5.0 either.

But, its just my opinion, think what you want.

These motors from SVT are so detuned. They are a pulley change away from 450 hp. Add an exhaust some tuning and they are low 11 second cars. Also the corvette is atleast $10,000 more. With that much money I could easily drop it into the 10's and have enough left to build another banshee.

you are very correct about that bigairee. but vettes are cooler. and much lighter. but the 5.0's do have a much better sound. and i may be wrong but i think the LS-1's in the vettes are 16 valve. imagine what they could do with 32. plus there is no replacement for displacement. so if u wanna go into heavy tuning look at lingenfelter, then tell me the mustang is better.

302 all the way, but stock for stock the 4.6's are a higher output motor. with that being said, modified 5.0's kick ass and wont be touched by the 4.6's. Ford needs to bring back the 5.0 and put it in a small car. A car the size of a focus with a 302 in it would kick ass.

4.6s suck, as well as 5.4s. Had them both in vehicles for the wifey. They don't compare to the ol 351. Supercharged might be a different story, but even the Lightning ain't nothin special, my F250 diesel will teach that lightweight something. ;)

I'm surpised none of you geniuses stumbled upon the fact that the 4.6 and 5.4 are the same motor.  The only diddefence is a slight bore and and stroke. 

this is an incorrect statement.

the 4.6 and 5.4 engines are similar, in the style of motor (i.e. single over-head cam design)... but the 5.4 has a way taller block, different cams, different heads, different intake, actually everything is different.

Edited by 347cid

450 hp TUNED is still not impressive to me. a ls6 zo6 pushes more than that with an aftermarket exhaust. No need to get in a dick swingin contest about this. We could go on all day. I'm just saying, they are by no means a ballsy motor(4.6)

lingenfelter builds some crazy shit(used to, i believe he passed away). 900hp plus twin turbo vettes, insane

Gimme a blower like the whats on the cobra on a ls1 camaro, and i'm pushing 500hp+ easy. Impressive to me. And chances are, i'm still cheaper.

you are very correct about that bigairee. but vettes are cooler. and much lighter. but the 5.0's do have a much better sound. and i may be wrong but i think the LS-1's in the vettes are 16 valve. imagine what they could do with 32. plus there is no replacement for displacement. so if u wanna go into heavy tuning look at lingenfelter, then tell me the mustang is better.

If you don't think 500 dependable horsepower out of a 281 ci engine isn't cool oh well. As far as heavy tuning goes I have one word. SALEEN.

500 hp is cool out of that motor. But with a blower. This guy is buyin a crown vic, with no blower. 4.6 with no blower =turd with no motor work.

Saleens are impressive. But show me a saleen mustang that puts down 900+ horsepower, Is driveable on the street, can put down 9 second passes at the strip, and then drive home. Not many i'm sure.

whow whow... I didn't want a ford v. chevy match. I just wanted to know if this X cop car with its 4.6 had any snot... if what was said is true (260hp) Then Im sure I will be happy.

Although this has gotten very interesting... They only thing I can say is mustangs are nice but there is only one CORVETTE!!

shit, Id buy a late 80's early 90's corvett with the 245 hp motor in it just to drive a corvette...

shit hear I go again, Im sitting here eating doritos and drinking my 2nd 12 pack and on my way to ebay to bid on a vette... See what you guys did to me!!!!!! :lol::lol::cheers:

X cop car with its 4.6 had any snot

It'll be well worth the money, great when you want to pass someone or when some snot nose kid is dicking with you at the stop light. Oh and so you know cop cars don't spin the tires very easily you punch it and it'll put it all to the ground. You also get larger brakes and heavy duty suspension and frame. Plus if you do a little searching find the wire that makes the headlights flicker they usually don't remove the system just the buttons. It's not a Z06 vette or a Roush stage III or a '95 Cobra R and definately not a porsche, but I bet you can still buy a few quads with the money you'd save.

shit, Id buy a late 80's early 90's corvett with the 245 hp motor in it just to drive a corvette...

Ah the wonderful years of the Barbie car. I'd rather have a Shelby Mustang myself even if it had a 4 banger, hell even if it had a two stroke twin, hell 15hp Briggs and Stratton. Not really a vette fan some look pretty cool but I don't need or want one in the least.

Edited by PUSH THE THROTTLE

but there is only one CORVETTE!!

Yea, only one Vette, however, why is it that EVERYONE must own one? I personally cannot stand vettes. Every snot nose prick has to own one. I think it may be a pre-requisite to owning one?

I mispoke inearlier by saying that they were essentially the smae motor. What I should have said was thay they are the same in respect to their design.

If they are the same engine with respect to their design, than that means that a Focus and a Crown Vic are essentially the same car because they have 4 wheels. Hardly the case. People always thought that the early Chevy diesels (like early 90's) were "essentially" a Small block 350.... Hardly...... A 4.6 and a 5.4 are different engines. Not essentially the same. Of course they can base design of one engine on something else..... It is all "essentially" related. But, does that mean my 7.3L powerstroke is the same as, let's say a 289 just because they have 8 cylinders? Hardly...... Go hop into a vehicle with a 4.6. Drive it, and then hop out of that, and into a 5.4, same vehicle remember. What will happen? Completely different world.... Not saying that the 5.4 is a ripppin motor. I think it is a pig. But, there are people that tell me my Power stroke is a pig too....... Oh well, watch the black cloud my friends....... :cheers: