TOP SPEEDS!!

HOW FAST?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time my off duty cop friend was out shooting aimless radar around town, I got clocked going 142 MPH+. He told me down at the local diner, because he say my shee parked outside. He was just carrying his radar around with him. It was cool, we were clocking the top speed of the waitresses. WHo could only shake their fat asses at a top speed of 2.2 MPH. What a day it was..

Boonman - you never fail to amuse me with your clever and subtle humor. I think half the people miss your funniest stuff.

Anyway, back to REAL numbers.

Bone stock, 6800 ft altitude - 72 MPH

Added K&N and reeds and tuned up better - 74 MPH

Added Toomey T-5 pipes - 82 MPH

Changed to a 15 tooth front sprocket - 84 MPH (wouldn't rev out though).

Added cool heads with 19cc domes, +4 degree key - ??? Haven't checked.

These are all made with a GPS and several runs each way on paved road and with stock tires and full fenders.

So.... If somebody says their doing 90 with pipes they are lying.

The higher compression and degree key won't affect the top speed, but you'll get there some fast. You might want to rejet your mains. You should be pulling a couple of mph more than that. :wink: With the higher compression and timing key, you'll be able to pull a higher gear. =more top speed.

with a 22 inch carlise and 19 / 41 gearing and 2:68 Ratio Straight cut gears i tripped the dyno off at 128mph at 10,200 RPM..my motor makes it max hp at 11,700 ...now thats fast...

track times...

6.79sec at 101.58 in the 1/8

11.12 at 109 in the 1/4 .. burned it up 100 ft after 1/8 and still made this time...

Never made a full 1/4 mile pass yet ..maybee this year....

With the chassis and added HP i shoud be hitting low 6.3's in the 1/8 possible a high 6.2.

Shooter out

• 3 years later...

I bought my shee in August and the kid said it will easily go over 100.... I think its bullshit... However i was riding home one night and my friend was following me in his car... Doin 75 and i walked away from him and wasnt even into 6th yet... :bolt:

So i figured about 85-90 mph.... I didnt see the my friend in the car for another 3 minutes when he got to my house where i had put my quad away by then!

Pro Circuit 304's

8x10x18 American Racer flat track tires.

Jetted (i dont kno wht kind of jets)

So the thing was hauling alot of ass.... Its not radared or anything so its unofficail im my book!

the only problem is with some of these claims is that its simple math, doesnt matter if your banshee is a 1000 horse power blown fuel dragster so many RPM combinded with certain gearing and tire size yeild so many MPH, now if you do happen to have the aformentioned blown fuel draster you get to that top speed a hell of a lot quicker than most, a banshee geared 15/41 is not going to go 100 mph unless of course it could spin at somewhere around 14000 rpm, if you can get 11g's out of it your motor your fucking sailing with a decent over rev, and i comend your engine builder, in fact id invite him to autograph my bible, and your banshee would have to have a spot on alighment and be 9 feet long to exeed 120, although id be the first one to admit 80 on a shee feels like 165 so its easy to become confused and post that your going 100 so im not going to be rude and say anyone is full of shit just very sadly mistaken :headbang:

Edited by Blue Duece