where to get some tools

d3xnij

im not exactly sure what to get... its all weirdly set out, flex heads and the rest, i got about 500..

i need a 5-75lbs torque wrench and a set of sockets, if any1 culd find me links to these specific items i need i wuld realy appreciate it.. just if u r bored n got nothing else to do :lol:

All the torque wrenches and tools we use in our shop to work on nuclear weapons are snap-on, if that tells you anything, lol. :P

Problem with torque wrenches are if you have the torque set, and let's say you put too much pressure to the point that when the specified torque is reached, and then the bolt/nut turns further, you run risk of breaking the torque wrench, or throwing the calibration off. Usually it's no big deal, but of course with the air force, it is. Once something like that happens, we can't use that tool any longer and it's sent off to be inspected and re-calibrated. Usually they're not broken, but if they are, the more expensive the wrench, the more money you're out in the long run.

Get a nice, but less expensive break-over torque wrench, that way it works for what you need it to, but if something breaks on it, you're not out of pocket a whole lot.