what oil to use in the Crank Case?

harley_sr

ATF type F in mine.. works great!

That full synthetic stuff.. just watch out for it. I'd heard a while ago that if it has friction modifiers in it it can cause your clutch to slip easier. Though I'm running synthetic Amsoil 10w30 (I think..hehe) in my modded CBR900RR and never had the clutch slip on it so... don't know how much truth there is to it.

Edited by nater006

only disadvantage to running atf fluid is u have to change it pretty often but it does work great and is cheap, but if u dont wanna bother with having to change it often i would reccomend 85 weight bel-ray gear saver its what we run in all our drag bikes and we have never had a problem with it yet and we run about 6 months or better with out changing the gear oil and when we do change it the oil always looks brand new just about hardly any color change at all

Another "which is better" thread. All the oil, pipes, tires subjects have been beat into the ground, so a search might be your goldmine. -_- In case your wondering, I use Silkolene Comp Gear in my crankcase. I like it a lot, and the name Silkolene is cool!