Little Sahara, Ok. - HQ Riders Represent!

ledofthezep

Man this sounds like its gonna be an awesome trip...i wish i could make it up there that weekend...its about a 700 mile drive from here and plus i would be making it by myself cause no one around here is man enough to go anyone outside of PL....i wish there was some HQ'ers near by i could hook up with and cruise up there with or something...id be willing to drive and haul a trailer.. :whoa:

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think I'm gonna go. I've thought it out and want to make it.

If I go, which it now looks like I will, I will be leaving Fri. afternoon and coming home Sun. evening, provided, I don't have another ER trip. ;)

There are several different TX peeps going, so if you wanna meet me at my house, we can all travel together in my crew cab or if you have something more pimp, we can take yours. I'm just south of the OK border, 10 miles east of I-35.

Later.

If I go, which it now looks like I will, I will be leaving Fri. afternoon and coming home Sun. evening, provided, I don't have another ER trip. ;)

There are several different TX peeps going, so if you wanna meet me at my house, we can all travel together in my crew cab or if you have something more pimp, we can take yours. I'm just south of the OK border, 10 miles east of I-35.

Later.

WOOOOOOO!!!! :dance: .... More pimp than crew cab powerstrokem??? naaaa

Mike

:clap::cheers::clap:

yea yea! just leave the kidney stones at home. ;) When are you gonna get there? Think spots will be hard to find or not be too busy?

Edited by sredish

yea yea! just leave the kidney stones at home.  ;)  When are you gonna get there? Think spots will be hard to find or not be too busy?

I hear that...hopefully those stones are a thing of the past; but the painkillers are still part of the present. ;);) I'm hoping to be able to take of that friday & actually get there on Thursday evening; the 21st. If not it will be sometime afternoon/early evening on Friday. Not sure on the spots, really will probably depend on the weather...also got to thinking, anyone know when Ok's 'fall break' is? :unsure: If it's that weekend it may be a bit busy but I don't see it being packed...I don't think finding a spot should be a problem, if you need electrical hookups ya may have some issues if ya get there Saturday; but that's going to depend on where you want to camp, but there's really no telling. :confused:

If I know that it won't be too busy, I'm thinking of bringing the 40 footer. I don't really need electrical, but it'd be nice. But, I don't want to drive that hog all the way there and have it be a bitch to get in anywhere and I like to keep it on somewhat decent roads, it's a little too pricey to be off roading in if you catch my drift.

So, I'm just trying to plan. I really wanna by a truck camper for the bed or some little piece of shiz that would be good to just take up there and get out of the elements with.

I was planning on leaving Memphis early Thursday morning (6 or 7AM). I'm going to drop my wife off in Fayetteville, AR on the way...which is roughly 4.5 hours from here. Big Blue, If you wanted to get out there before I make it up to Fayetteville its all good, I don't wanna interfere with anything you've already planned...

I was planning on leaving Memphis early Thursday morning (6 or 7AM). I'm going to drop my wife off in Fayetteville, AR on the way...which is roughly 4.5 hours from here. Big Blue, If you wanted to get out there before I make it up to Fayetteville its all good, I don't wanna interfere with anything you've already planned...

No big deal for me to wait, it will give me a chance to get everything loaded and get some sleep before leaving.

Hey guys, I'm definitely planning on bringing my helmet cam (I could hook it up on anyone's helmet with velcro ;) ) and I was thinking of making a DVD of the trip. Would anyone be willing to slap the camera on their helmet too? I think it would make for an awesome video with views from different riders/banshees...only thing is you'd have to ride with a fairly small backpack on. I was thinking of trying to rig up an a-arm or frame cam too. If you guys are interested I'll pick up some extra supplies and we could get some really cool angles on video of the trip. And of course, I can make copies of the DVD for anyone who would want one B)