Little Sahara, Ok. - HQ Riders Represent!

ledofthezep

Hey guys, I'm definitely planning on bringing my helmet cam (I could hook it up on anyone's helmet with velcro ;) ) and I was thinking of making a DVD of the trip. Would anyone be willing to slap the camera on their helmet ?

That's a big F*&K YEAH!! I've been wanting to do something like that for awhile, but can't find the stuff needed. Can I get like an attacment for my camera I wonder?

Great idea bigboy!! :clap:

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I get like an attachment for my camera I wonder?

Well, the cool thing is, if you have a camcorder that will accept an RCA input then you won't need anything. You could just stick your camcorder in the backpack and I'll hookup my bullet cam on your helmet and you're good to go. I think most digital camcorders have an input on the camera...If anyone wanted to bring their own camcorder that has an RCA input that wanted to hook up the helmet cam to it feel free to do so (that way you'd have something to take home right away), or if you wanna just wear my setup it's all good. I can make a "separate" DVD of just your riding if you wanted it too. If all goes well I should be able to have a "movie" made within a week after the trip, and I could mail everyone a copy :) Ever since I bought this helmet cam watching riding videos is a whole new experience! If led brings his sand rails I'd LOVE to get some video from it...I plan on bringing my digi cam and taking LOTS of pics as well; don't know how many more times I'm gonna be able to make it to the dunes so I'm gonna make the most of this trip!! :headbang:

Well, the cool thing is, if you have a camcorder that will accept an RCA input then you won't need anything. You could just stick your camcorder in the backpack and I'll hookup my bullet cam on your helmet and you're good to go. I think most digital camcorders have an input on the camera...

I think mine does have in input. What do they actually call the cameras so I can look for one on Ebay. I'd love to have one for my next race.

That would be so totally awesome.

HQ Riders  :headbang:  Represent!!

Werd! beer.gif Less than 1 month to go!!! :dance::dance::clap:

Hey guys, I'm definitely planning on bringing my helmet cam (I could hook it up on anyone's helmet with velcro  ;)  ) and I was thinking of making a DVD of the trip. Would anyone be willing to slap the camera on their helmet too? I think it would make for an awesome video with views from different riders/banshees...only thing is you'd have to ride with a fairly small backpack on. I was thinking of trying to rig up an a-arm or frame cam too. If you guys are interested I'll pick up some extra supplies and we could get some really cool angles on video of the trip. And of course, I can make copies of the DVD for anyone who would want one

That kicks ass man! thumbs.gif We're gunna have a blast! :headbang:

What do they actually call the cameras so I can look for one on Ebay

This is the one I got and love it...the quality that comes out of it is pretty damn good and the microphone picks up great as long as it's not in direct wind...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3824100431

Less than 1 month to go!!!

I was thinking the same thing this morning...I'll be there in 3 weeks and a day!!! :clap::headbang:

Do I need to pick up the beer before I leave on the trip or is there a place nearby the dunes that I can stock up at?

Do I need to pick up the beer before I leave on the trip or is there a place nearby the dunes that I can stock up at?

Unless you want 3.2 beer, get beer before you enter Oklahoma. ;) I always get beer at the lickher sore, I mean liquor store before I leave KS. :rolleyes: I'm not much for headaches & the shits in the mornings. :shootself:

oh yeah...any alcohol over 3.2 in any Ok state parks is illegal; but I won't tell anybody... :P

Edited by ledofthezep

Okie beer is 3.2. If you feel you need more alcohol in your beer than that, better buy it before you get in there. I might be bringin the Jose or El Presidente!! :rolleyes:

Oh yea, that camera is too expensive for my blood. I was looking at them, but looks like I'll need to have a self powered camera, right? I like the $30 ones better... :P

Edited by sredish

HQ Riders    Represent!!

Werd!  Less than 1 month to go!!!   

*breaks out the dirty bird chicken dance from EdTV* chicken1a.gif

Did I mentition I LOVE SAND!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

saraohare.jpg

:whoa: mmmmmmm Sand! :drool:

PS The HamBone crew will be there Friday and we will prolly shack up in the North.

Good deal, I suppose I shall be picking up a few packs on the way ;)

sredish, you are correct...with that setup you need a camcorder to hookup the bullet cam to actually record the video. Those 30 dollar camera's are pretty good too (Got one of those as well) but I think you need a camcorder for those also. I got everything to hook it up, all I need are the riders :headbang: My stuff is your stuff, if you wanna rip on your shee with the helmet camera on it's yours...I plan on bringing at least 5 video tapes to record with, and after I'm done capturing the video I can mail you a VHS tape or DVD of all your clips...

This is gonna be one bad ass trip!!!

You wont want to buy okie beer unless you have to, you can stop anywhere in fayettville, springdale, or tontitown(you will drive right trough here, there is about 10 places on 412 that sell 5.5 or 5.0 beer. im probably going to run up to the MO line and pick up some 6.0 let me know what kink you like and i pick it up for you and well square it up later.

Hey guys, I'm definitely planning on bringing my helmet cam (I could hook it up on anyone's helmet with velcro ;) ) and I was thinking of making a DVD of the trip. Would anyone be willing to slap the camera on their helmet too? I think it would make for an awesome video with views from different riders/banshees...only thing is you'd have to ride with a fairly small backpack on. I was thinking of trying to rig up an a-arm or frame cam too. If you guys are interested I'll pick up some extra supplies and we could get some really cool angles on video of the trip. And of course, I can make copies of the DVD for anyone who would want one B)

You could strap that camera on my helmet if i can go...who ever said whens Okla's fall break...its the 21-24 :rolleyes:

You wont want to buy okie beer unless you have to, you can stop anywhere in fayettville, springdale, or tontitown(you will drive right trough here, there is about 10 places on 412 that sell 5.5 or 5.0 beer. im probably going to run up to the MO line and pick up some 6.0 let me know what kink you like and i pick it up for you and well square it up later.

I'll drink practically any beer, especially on occasions like this :cheers: The only thing I don't care for is dark beer...other than that bring it on! I'll be more than happy to split the bill with you, just let me know beforehand and I'll bring plenty of cash with me.