Little Sahara, Ok. - HQ Riders Represent!

ledofthezep

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now there's a 3rd season elk hunt in CO that might get in the way. I guided elk hunts for awhile, love to hunt them, but don't feel the need to shoot at them that much, so guiding worked well for me. Anyways, my two buds wanna go and I told them to pick the dates and I'm there. Well, it's now resting on Nov. 1-7 and Oct. 21 - 26, and I have this nagging feeling they're shooting for the latter. If they choose that date, I have to go. :( So, one weekend, a race, a dune trip with the bros, and an elk hunt, what the hell!!! banghead

Not too mention the elk hunt is out of my hometown of Steamboat, CO, and I have lots of buds there, my favorite place in the world.

Decisions decisions... :shrugani:

Well, now there's a 3rd season elk hunt in CO that might get in the way. I guided elk hunts for awhile, love to hunt them, but don't feel the need to shoot at them that much, so guiding worked well for me. Anyways, my two buds wanna go and I told them to pick the dates and I'm there. Well, it's now resting on Nov. 1-7 and Oct. 21 - 26, and I have this nagging feeling they're shooting for the latter. If they choose that date, I have to go. :( So, one weekend, a race, a dune trip with the bros, and an elk hunt, what the hell!!! banghead

Not too mention the elk hunt is out of my hometown of Steamboat, CO, and I have lots of buds there, my favorite place in the world.

Decisions decisions... :shrugani:

Hey don't feel too bad, if I can't get my truck to pass inspection in time I won't be able to make it.... banghead I shouldn't have any problems, but with the way my luck is...well, I won't even go there

I told them to pick the dates and I'm there.

slap.gif

Well that sucks a fat whoofing hole Scott. :shootself: Just think....sand....beer....maybe some titties...more beer....banshees....sand....beer....banshees....sand....beer....campfire.....roost...ringdingding....Did I mention Sand, Banshee's & Beer. :rolleyes::D;)

Nov. 1-7

Just insist on going that weekend. :D Gotta do whatchya gotta do...we'll definately have to have another HQ LS ride in the spring or sometime, so bet your ass if you don't make this one you'll be at the next. B)

...sand....beer...banshees... :clap:

Edited by ledofthezep

slap.gif

Yeah, I know. I really didn't think it would come down to that weekend, I was pretty sure the 2nd season, which is before the trip, would be the one. It could still fall through tho, one's not sure if he can get the time off.

slap.gif

Well that sucks a fat whoofing hole Scott. :shootself: Just think....sand....beer....maybe some titties...more beer....banshees....sand....beer....banshees....sand....beer....campfire.....roost...ringdingding....Did I mention Sand, Banshee's & Beer. :rolleyes::D;)

Nov. 1-7

Just insist on going that weekend. :D Gotta do whatchya gotta do...we'll definately have to have another HQ LS ride in the spring or sometime, so bet your ass if you don't make this one you'll be at the next. B)

...sand....beer...banshees... :clap:

sooooooo what's the problem :shrugani: ??

Mike

LOL, I just bought this truck and the only thing I didn't check before I went to have it inspected was the windshield wipers banghead Like most people, I assumed they worked and never turned them on. I waited over a half hour to get inspected and failed because the fuggers wouldn't wipe the damn windshield...Anyway, I got it fixed today to my surprise, the wiper module had a short in it so I replaced it and all is good...other than that she runs like a champ...No more doubts, I'll be there in LS now :headbang::cheers:

:D I went down the 23 of Sept. with a group and it was AWESOME!!! I agree about drop offs. When we got there I had alot of riding to makeup since late spring. I spent the summer working alot and watching our kids and not being able to cut out and ride really built up. We went through the gate area and started towards the flats and vered right to go to the rolling dune area. I was so excited I blew past the new drag stip area and didnt even notice it. As we ripped across the rolling dune area I couldnt help but slide my baby sideways and do a 360 and throw some roost over the tops. The sand at that time was soft and peaked. Buttercup was peaked and straight up. I tackled it with my wife on the back and she loved it. We cooked up alot of spoonbill, brauts, and etc. Some people next to us made a apple crip in a big skillet over a fire and came over to our camp to visit. I rode so freakin hard those three days I blew my thumb and arm out .....LOL. I read in the waynoka news that a guy got lost from his riding group and went off the top of buttercup and fell 50ft. He died at the entrance before the airvac got there. It pays to watch out for each other.