where/how did you get your first banshee?

where/how did you get your first banshee? I'd really like to find me a nice used one that runs good and has been taken care of for a good price ( no higher than $3600). I have hardly ever seen a used one at the dealer and they only have the brand new limited edition models.

what do you guys think about buying online? I dont like using ebay cause I've heard of alot of crucked bastards that sell shit. Anybody ever bought anything off cycletrader.com or atvtrader.com? What about the shipping and how much does it usually cost? How exactly would you get a four wheeler shipped to your house? Would there be a chance that you wouldn't get what you paid for, like something totaly different than what you were looking at?

I have seen some pretty nice banshees on atvtrader.com that were around $3000 and one that even said that the seller would pay the shipping :blink: . I wonder if the guy is serious or if its a typo?

Personally I wouldn't use eBay to buy a banshee. Too much shit can be wrong with them, that sometimes the owner doesn't know about if they are ignorant.

If I ever buy a used one I plan on going over it stem to stern, and if I have to, bring my banshee for reference if something is in question.

I bought mine new from Layton Cycles. I don't recommend them for anything unless you like taking it "like a man". :flush:

i got my banshee out of the brittish bike trader magazine, (private sale) i wouldnt use ebay either for the same reasons cottone eyed joe said. try to get a banshee for sale thats near you so you can go and take a look at it. there are a few people out there who dont tell you everything about the bike so be careful and good luck!

I'd never buy something used if I wasn't able to test drive it. Too risky. I bought mine brand new from the showroom floor. I didn't test drive it because I knew it ran good considering as I was walking in the store, they were pulling it in from testing it after they assembled it.

Just be carefull if you do buy used. You can't tell what damage may be done within the engine. Could end up buying a rolling frame with a blown engine. :shootself:

i bought an atv trader from QT. basically it is the same as cycletraderonline. called an ol boy up and talked to him asked him what was his bottom dollar dealt with him for a day or so, he called me back adn i was off about 2hr drive a had an 01 shee stock with about 5 hrs on it for 4700 back a couple of yrs ago.

havent regret it since

later

where/how did you get your first banshee?

I purchased my '01 from my friend! It had plenty of mods and very little use plus it was never stored outside (thank goodness) I lucked out and bought it for pay off so he could buy him an '04 huyabusa.

I would avoid buying on ebay especially atvs! Purchase one where you can look at it in person. You would be surprised what you find that pics on the internet doesnt show!!!!!! :bolt:

Just an FYI and my .03 cents! B)

I bought my '99 from a farmer way in the country I seen the ad in a local classifieds paper. I looked over it for about an hour checked everything. asked TONS of questions, then started it warmed it up and took it for a ride and it worked sweet. When i only had it in fifth and my hat flew the hell off and eyes were watering ( i had no helmet) i was sold.

my first banshee i ever got was from a guy that build drag banshees. after about 3 months i started havin quite a few problems with it. so i sold it. then i went to our yamaha dealer and bought be a brand new one. i dont like buying used things very often. u never know what the previous owner did to them or how they treated them. if buying a used one, never buy until u ride..