New to Banshee Riding Question

watkins

I putt around on mine all the time when my kids are with me and never have any problems. The top end is where all the fun is at though. You can still be running in the powerband on trails if you are in a low enough gear. The only problem with running trails is that Banshees have two speeds........fast and insane. :bolt:

I am new to banshee's. I have heard that you are supposed to always keep them in powerband... is this correct? If so, is it not good to just put around from time to time?

Not true! I do some trail riding some of the time and its runs great, just keep the revs up and dont lug it down!

Altho it wont hurt them to just put, u always take the chance of lettin it get hot. Banshee's werent designed with the best cooling system, they need the air being forced into the radiator to help them cool.

If you wanna put, get a Polaris or a 4 stroke of some sort.

word. except dont buy a polaris. at least stick with yamaha.

:D Nothing wrong with Polaris, they are good quads if you use them for what they are designed for. They couldnt be near as bad as everyone on here thinks, or they wouldnt be making them anymore....

I am on my second Polaris, first was a TrailBlazer that I bought for my ex-wife. Then moved her up to a Scrambler 500 H.O. 4x4, and that thing is unstopable! :evil: Hell i'll even admit, I enjoy riding the scrambler ( its mine now ) If I wanna get out and just cruise some trails, or play in the river- the Polaris is my choice.

ya same, i bought my banshee for the powerband and speed it has. I still trailride with it thow in 1st or 2nd gear, but what I love is flyin down gravel roads sideways shooting dust and gravel on all the 4-strokes :D And the banshee's got the instnad power to kick the backend around when trailriding, and for mud, u can jsut hammmer it and float accrost it :D . the only bad thing about trail riding it is no reverse!! :angry: but thats ok cuse once u get turned around u can pass anyone else :)