amsoil

I just have the generic "Amsoil 2-cycle oil". It actually says injector but on the back says "premix suitable also at 50:1". I mix around 42:1 with it. Been riding/thrashing on it for a few months now and no problems. Great stuff. Actually mixing a little too heavy I think, but better that than the other possibility.

Its the stuff on the left...

http://www.amsoil.com/products/aio.html

I use the Amsoil 2-cycle oil, I was going to buy the other stuff, but the guy told me that they are pretty much the same thing with just different lables. I use it 50:1 have no probs. out of it. Since I have used amsoil, (maybe in my head) but I think I feel the bike rev faster. You get what you pay for so I just say buy it.

Let me just say this... I don't get to ride much but when I do I hand my banshee a beatin'. I run all year round +100 or -20 no jetting changes and all on Amsoil 100:1 mixed at 80:1. You poour in one small bottle with 5 gallons for 80:1 or 1 bottle to 6 gallons for 100:1. If you're dealer, you can get the hookup on the stuff for cheap, they ship fast from depots all over the country and you can even get your friends a good price... FAR better than the stealership charges.

If you ever need Amsoil, let me know and either I or Play-n-sand will get you the hookup. :headbang:

IHRbearings@peoplepc.com

Hehe.. I run Amsoil in the shee, R, and 900RR now. The S-10 just sticks to Mobile 1 though.. its got 137,000 on it and still running like a champ (knock on wood) but don't think it'll notice a difference running something as elegant as Amsoil instead of Mobile 1 through it at this point. It had dino up through the 100,000 mark anyway.

You probably shouldn't change on a high mileage car. It will make any small leak bigger. Amsoil is good stuff. My dad ran it in his semi's and I know two went over a million miles. I run their 2 stroke oil. This stuff is about 10 years old. I've been mixing it at 80:1. I don't know about reving better but my topend was going before I switched. As soon as I finish the rebuild and get it broke in I will be running it in there again.

Bigairee -- it was changed a while ago. 100,000 isn't really a whole lot for one of those Vortec 4.3L engines. I checked the entire thing for leaks and it is bone dry. The bloody oil cooler lines are on the third set but they're the "fixed" set (S-10 4.3L owners will know what I'm talking about) so they don't leak a drop. Everything else is golden. Valve seals are looking pristine. No smoke in the least... doesn't burn any oil.

Doesn't leak a drop :D save for what little bit gets spilled when i change the oil...

Either way, it likes the synthetic but I doubt it'll notice with Amsoil vs Mobil 1.

Edited by nater006

i've been running the 2000 series for well over a year at 50:1 (rejetted of course) and i've been very happy with it. a good buddy of mine has been running the 100:1 at 100:1 in his 420 and he hasn't had any engine problems by using this oil. he doesn't normally ride for extended periods of time so that maybe why he can get away with it. he's been trying to talk me into using the 100:1, if i do i'll probably run it at 80:1 just to be safe because i ride for longer periods of time than he does. i also use their 10w40 oil in my tranny and in my wifes 250ex without any noticeable problems and i'll continue to use it until i have problems with it but i don't foresee there being any problems. amsoil is good stuff.