cuttin stock swingarm?

Blue_SS

guys i need some more traction what tires do u think i should run? for flattrack tt stlye in halfway looser dirt but not too looose becasue it gets pack after the groove is made!! and on the swingarm i figured cuttin it to -2 would be worth it? like to know some detail on how they do this i think a guy near me can do it if is told how.

Gary at Quicksand did mine.....not too sure if he still does but I'd assume so. Definately a great guy to deal with. It turned out sweet, cheap too. I've talked to some people that are skeptical about the whole cutting part, but I've tested mine with no problem what so ever. Also, I recently bought 18" kenda klaws for the rear and haven't had a problem hooking up since. But I've never seen a TT track in person so I'm not too sure how those would do.

Just cut it. B)

You'll be like every other skeptic who's pondered whether or not to shorten their swinger....you'll ask & ask about it, then do it....and then post about how much better your banshee handles & how happy you are...blablabla ya get the point. ;)

You dick.... :rolleyes::D

Mike

Stan, what is your price for that conversion?

For the carrier, the carrier tube, the pinch tubes, the bolts and nuts, the brake mount, the brake mount spacers, the brake mount pin, the snap ring, an adjusting tool, the bearings, seals and spacer is $215 shipped.

The carrier tube comes slit, the pinch tubes come cut to size, and the carrier comes with the bearings, seals, and spacer installed and ready to run.

hey CEJ im new to all this round house carrier but im seriously looking into doing this conversion...you say the kit comes ready to ride so that means i get everything and put it together and slide my axle in and im ready to ride...well not quite but you catch my drift...

i really wish you still cut swingers id love to get mine cut and and do this conversion

hey CEJ im new to all this round house carrier but im seriously looking into doing this conversion...you say the kit comes ready to ride so that means i get everything and put it together and slide my axle in and im ready to ride...well not quite but you catch my drift...

i really wish you still cut swingers id love to get mine cut and and do this conversion

LOL no problem on the mix up. I can't weld so all of my welding is done by a state certified welder that I do quite a bit of business with. I don't have the time to make a jig for converting stock swingarms or I would offer it.

Got plenty of round chromoly in stock though.

But yes, basically once you get it all welded on you just put your axle on, your brake on, your chain on, and go riding.

it seriously takes me about an hour to disassemble the swinger and have everything new completely welded in place. its def worth it for the money. you get a roundhouse swingarm for next to nothing. oh yea, best part is you never even have to take it off the bike. ive done both of mine now with the swingarm still on.

it seriously takes me about an hour to disassemble the swinger and have everything new completely welded in place. its def worth it for the money. you get a roundhouse swingarm for next to nothing. oh yea, best part is you never even have to take it off the bike. ive done both of mine now with the swingarm still on.

So you've had no problem with yours at all locogato? i ride alot of MX and i should be ok....as long as the welds are good