Jettng the Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

banchetta, mine starts first kick without the choke almost everytime with a 50 pilot. you think im too rich there? it never takes more than 2 kicks to start hot or cold. i may just try the smaller pilots and see what happens. do you think thats why i have the bog in the middle? pilot shouldnt be affecting the midrange should it???

Too rich. A cold engine needs a richer mixture to start. If your shee starts cold w/o a choke, then your pilots are too rich. Once you engine is warmed up, then it'll run too rich and your low end to midrange will suffer. I would drop a 45 in there and try that. Your air screws must like to be 2 turns out or more for throttle response....

banchetta, mine starts first kick without the choke almost everytime with a 50 pilot. you think im too rich there? it never takes more than 2 kicks to start hot or cold. i may just try the smaller pilots and see what happens. do you think thats why i have the bog in the middle? pilot shouldnt be affecting the midrange should it???

Too rich. A cold engine needs a richer mixture to start. If your shee starts cold w/o a choke, then your pilots are too rich. Once you engine is warmed up, then it'll run too rich and your low end to midrange will suffer. I would drop a 45 in there and try that. Your air screws must like to be 2 turns out or more for throttle response....

aight ill try it out. that was actually me but i forgot to sign off my brothers name. i think i have some 45 pilots i can throw in.

45 pilot with a 172 main and the needle in the middle makes this motor mean.Plugs still look great on a chop.Here we are banging our heads against the wall fighting the carb spring and all it is is the friggin' pilot and an airscrew adjustment!

Don't you just love banshees! :wacko:

Well here is my new findings, while on the dyno we had best results. Pilots are 68 needle 2nd clip from the blunt end and 160. I had it out at Silver lake last weekend and let me tell you this bitch rips!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best pull we did on the dyno was 72 rwhp (rear wheel horespower), from what I know between the 33's-35's it should be about the same. When we dynoed the ambient temp was around 83 deg and high humidity. I was going to Silver lake that week, so it was a little rich at the time just in case the weather was cold but there was still a leaway between rich and lean, no doubt it could have went leaner. The air fuel ratio was around 13.2/1 max throughout the runs with air fuel monitor. With this jetting the reaction was fanominal, the engine sounded great. I ran it all weekend at Silver lake dunes and was pretty dominant considering still got the stock swinger...........Be sure your clutch is good and no t slipping on the dyno I lost between 10-12 hp from the clutch. :whoa: And all this was with fmf fattys and not my CPI's. I put the fmf's on just to be sure I would get in the park, little did I know that when I went there they never even checked anybody DAMN!!!!

From what I hear the CPI's should be atlest +5-6 hp maybe even more.

sorry for the long post!!!!!! later

Anthony

The best pull we did on the dyno was 72 rwhp (rear wheel horespower), from what I know between the 33's-35's it should be about the same. When we dynoed the ambient temp was around 83 deg and high humidity. I was going to Silver lake that week, so it was a little rich at the time just in case the weather was cold but there was still a leaway between rich and lean, no doubt it could have went leaner. The air fuel ratio was around 13.2/1 max throughout the runs with air fuel monitor. With this jetting the reaction was fanominal, the engine sounded great. I ran it all weekend at Silver lake dunes and was pretty dominant considering still got the stock swinger...........Be sure your clutch is good and no t slipping on the dyno I lost between 10-12 hp from the clutch. :whoa: And all this was with fmf fattys and not my CPI's. I put the fmf's on just to be sure I would get in the park, little did I know that when I went there they never even checked anybody DAMN!!!!

From what I hear the CPI's should be atlest +5-6 hp maybe even more.

sorry for the long post!!!!!! later

Anthony

I'd like to see your power curve to compare to mine...Could you post it or send it to me?