Jettng the Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

im running those same noss domes at 19cc with 180psi at 2500 feet.......my delta's are on the high setting, boss intake & single K&N with not even the slightest hesitation, my plugs look wet and light brown, i dont know if fuel plays a part but im using 927@50:1 with minimum 108 octane but mostly 118, at the very top of my power band like 10k i can feel it stop pulling in 1st through 4th, but from off idle its crispy in all the gears if im in third on the pipe and let off the throttle and slow 10mph when i snap it back on with no clutching it starts pulling hard again, jim should be able to figure it out, i know he's fucked with pro quads bansh alot and his dont do this either banghead

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys got some good news, for those of you with this infamous bog.......... I have been on and off a dyno the past few days.....Well I will start like this, first pull was with 175 mains and 50 pilots and needle in the middle. The air fuel ratio is at around 9.5-10.2 to 1 which is rich as hell, so I changed to 165 mains a 48 pilot and needle as lean a possible. So back on the dyno again air fuel now 10.5-almost 11.3 to 1 and a 10 hp increase not that it matters. Well the guy at the shop had to run for the rest of the day so I had to go home.....well I unloaded her out of the truck and took her for a rip around the neighborhood and holy sheet the infamous bog is gone and this thing is a totally different animal. I will be back on the dyno hopefully tomorrow with 160-162 mains and the needle 1 clip richer, and that should be pretty damn close. Just when I thought this motor was rippin WOW this bitch really pulls now. On the first pull my clutch was slipping bad so I went ahead and put a new toomey clutch in and wee will see what happens tomorrow. I have ben in contact with jim at PRE with my findings........I will post again with my results from the new jet change (160 or 162). Hope this helps most of you. All these beasts are different so don't take and run the shit out of yours and blow her up and blame me........these are just my findings

I'll be postin soon!!!!!!!!

Anthony

Well guys got some good news, for those of you with this infamous bog.......... I have been on and off a dyno the past few days.....Well I will start like this, first pull was with 175 mains and 50 pilots and needle in the middle. The air fuel ratio is at around 9.5-10.2 to 1 which is rich as hell, so I changed to 165 mains a 48 pilot and needle as lean a possible. So back on the dyno again air fuel now 10.5-almost 11.3 to 1 and a 10 hp increase not that it matters. Well the guy at the shop had to run for the rest of the day so I had to go home.....well I unloaded her out of the truck and took her for a rip around the neighborhood and holy sheet the infamous bog is gone and this thing is a totally different animal. I will be back on the dyno hopefully tomorrow with 160-162 mains and the needle 1 clip richer, and that should be pretty damn close. Just when I thought this motor was rippin WOW this bitch really pulls now. On the first pull my clutch was slipping bad so I went ahead and put a new toomey clutch in and wee will see what happens tomorrow. I have ben in contact with jim at PRE with my findings........I will post again with my results from the new jet change (160 or 162). Hope this helps most of you. All these beasts are different so don't take and run the shit out of yours and blow her up and blame me........these are just my findings

I'll be postin soon!!!!!!!!

Anthony

Cool Anthony, what kinda hp and torque

Had the bike out again today and it ran like shit!! I could barely launch in 2nd gear with 14/41 gearing. I have 175 mains, 48 pilots and needle in middle. I dont know what to try..I think it running rich. Any help??? Thanks Chris

Edited by cjm02ram

The jetting between my 28's, 33's, and 35's were almost the exact same. The different reed cages affected the pilots more though. All of them liked the 162 mains the best. I think most of you are running too rich, especially on the pilots. I ran best w/ the 42 pilots on the pwk carbs....and I noticed huge differences between the 45 and 42 never mind a 50....... :o Most of you don't want to spend the time to jet your shees in properly, you can gain more w/ jetting then you can w/ mods....spend the time, you only have to do it once. ;)

I agree Banchetta I feel that the passion 12 port stroker with High rev pipe (shearerl) that i have need to be leaner. 420 dyno made a major improvements with one jet change to a leaner setting. I am at 270 and my 6th gear doesn't pull in sand but 280 on up it gets worse and the warmer the weather too. , all this tells me i am rich on the main .

260 seam pretty lean but it's never acted lean with 270 . Five 5 second 6th gear drags on the lake bed and i did a plug chop looks close On the smoke ring still pretty dark bown tho.

I feel rich on the pilot too. I started with 35 down to 32.5, 30 than 27.5

the 27.5 & 30 made a crackling sound and weak power output.

the 35 run fairly crisp until my motor hit 180 to 190 degrees water temp. But it was more like a sputter than a crackling but it's hard to tell them apart.

the 35 leaves alot of oil on the tail pipe.and runs worse in hot temps.

27.5 did not. this is at 1/8 throttle crusie once i hit the gas it fly until 6th gear.

so i feeling like it maybe a cutway issuse.

I am running a 2.0 slide on a stock vm 34mm come with a 2.5 but i have a set of 3.0 with are leaner the higher the numbers. I plan on testing them sometime.

Help me sort this out Ask me any question?

so should I maybe try some 45 or 42 pilots and drop to about 170mains from 175's?

you could try the 42 pilots i guess and see what happens. as for the 175's thats what im running and it pulls hard as f*ck on top and the plugs look good. if your plugs look good dont lean it out too much. if you are having problems with your mid range like i am the main shouldnt be your problem. i might even try dropping the pilot down a few to see what kind of reaction i get. ive fucked with this jetting so many times its not even funny. its obviously not just me or even just a few people. it seems to be almost everyone who has this port job with the exception of blue duece and proquad. im pretty knowledgable about jetting and i know that 23champ is as well because he runs a pretty hopped up cr500 at our hillclimbs. hopefully someone will get a breakthru and figure out what the f*ck the deal is with the midrange on this engine.

I agree Banchetta I feel that the passion 12 port stroker with High rev pipe (shearerl) that i have need to be leaner. 420 dyno made a major improvements with one jet change to a leaner setting. I am at 270 and my 6th gear doesn't pull in sand but 280 on up it gets worse and the warmer the weather too. , all this tells me i am rich on the main .

260 seam pretty lean but it's never acted lean with 270 . Five 5 second 6th gear drags on the lake bed and i did a plug chop looks close On the smoke ring still pretty dark bown tho.

I feel rich on the pilot too. I started with 35 down to 32.5, 30 than 27.5

the 27.5 & 30 made a crackling sound and weak power output.

the 35 run fairly crisp until my motor hit 180 to 190 degrees water temp. But it was more like a sputter than a crackling but it's hard to tell them apart.

the 35 leaves alot of oil on the tail pipe.and runs worse in hot temps.

27.5 did not. this is at 1/8 throttle crusie once i hit the gas it fly until 6th gear.

so i feeling like it maybe a cutway issuse.

I am running a 2.0 slide on a stock vm 34mm come with a 2.5 but i have a set of 3.0 with are leaner the higher the numbers. I plan on testing them sometime.

Help me sort this out Ask me any question?

How does it start when cold and hot. If it starts hard when warmed up, then you pilot is too big. If it starts hard when cold, but easy when hot, then your close. You should have to use the choke to start it when its cold. I know kiehin carbs aren't as forgiving as the mikunis and that probably why most people have a hard time dialing them in..your either spot on or not. YOu really have to find the right combination.

banchetta, mine starts first kick without the choke almost everytime with a 50 pilot. you think im too rich there? it never takes more than 2 kicks to start hot or cold. i may just try the smaller pilots and see what happens. do you think thats why i have the bog in the middle? pilot shouldnt be affecting the midrange should it???