Jettng the Passion Stroker?

cjm02ram

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about carb sync? Could this be a factor in the dead spot.  I can't speak for eveyone but when I installed my carbs I had no access to a vacume gage, so I did it by sight and feel.  I adjusted the screw and jam nut on top of the carb cap until I could feel both carbs hit bottom at the EXACT same time (which seemed good enough to me).

The bike runs excellent everywhere throughout the powerband except right before 1/4 throttle.

It even idles perfect (I also have my idle set really low. just enough to barely run). 

Its kind of a long shot (since just about everyone has the same problem as me) but I'm trying to come up with all possible solutions.

I'm so tire of fuckin with it, I'm about to just give up and just say the hell with it and ride it like it is.

Try raising the needles? syncing does factor in, but the way you did it is the same way I suggest.....

Needles are all the way up with a 168 main, 45pilots... I rejetted to this after I saw Loco's post about him doing the same thing, and the dead spot was "almost gone". Well, I wasn't so lucky. Mine runs pretty much the same no matter what jetting it has in it. Go figure. My previous jetting was 160 mains, 50 pilot, and needle one notch from all the way up....Runs the same.

At this rate I will have well over a hundred bucks in pilots and mains. Hell I've been supporting my local bike shop lately by buying jets. When i walk through the door the ask me "What size now"? Ain't that a bitch?, I got two grand in this fuckin thing and the only way I can ride it is WFO, because if I try to ride it like a normal human, when it hits that dead spot I get so pissed I hit the clutch and set the tires on fire for four gears.... Damn!

rebelbanshee2

You are using a TM 28mm mikuni flatslide?

if so tell me yoursettings?

yeah those are the carbs..my settings are escaping me right now. Ill have to see what jets arnt in my box next time im where my bike is. I think i ended up with a 370 main and 37.5 pilot....sorry i cant ehlp more now

Mine smokes alot even when warmed up and drips oil out of the silencers.My timing advance looks like its around 6 or 7.I'm going to drop it to 4 to see if theres any change.Anyone else smoke like hell?

i think that could be because you might be mixing too rich. whats your gas/oil ratio?? mine doesnt seem to smoke alot.

I'm mixing 40:1 castor 927. I'm also using a boss billet intake with dual pods.Should i risk 50:1 with this oil?It likes to load up around half throttle then cleans out afterward.Yes, the needles are leaned.I'm gonna mess with it this afternoon to see what the story is. Thinkin crazy again but I'm believing i need hotter plugs.

Edited by BansheeBrian

I kinda think this is funny in an evil sort of way. When I first got my Passion motor I posted a thread on here saying how I couldn't get it jetted quite right and it had a dead spot. Well, some of you assholes were no help whatsoever, claimed I was a piss poor tuner, didn't know a jet from a spark plug, etc...

Some of you who are whining on this thread about the same thing, are the exact same dickheads who were talking shit on me in the other one.

Well, guess what, mine runs fine now and I ain't telling you the secret!

Hope you all hve fun in blaaaaah blaaaah land!

Thumbs up dudes.

I kinda think this is funny in an evil sort of way. When I first got my Passion motor I posted a thread on here saying how I couldn't get it jetted quite right and it had a dead spot. Well, some of you assholes were no help whatsoever, claimed I was a piss poor tuner, didn't know a jet from a spark plug, etc...

Some of you who are whining on this thread about the same thing, are the exact same dickheads who were talking shit on me in the other one.

Thumbs up dudes.

i wanna know honestly, was i one of them??

Thumbs up dudes.

aww damm this is fuckin classic........ya need to tease em on what a pipe hittin fuckin ride it is once its runnin right :headbang:

Here is a Classic Blue.

I only wish I was this High and Mighty To Think I could Help someone out and didn't because some Talked shit on me.Look at his reply to a person looking for help. Huggybear still around? I bet not.

Wonder if he feels wronged.

Edited by Oilsmoke