Cingular cellular service

I Travel all over the US, So I get to see what carrier has the best service areas through experience.

I have had sprint PCS and they suck, you get singal only near the major highways. I have had Verizon for my work cell, and they are really good. But I moved , turned in my work phone and now want a personal cell. Now, because Verizon wants a hefty deposit (400$), I decided to go with Cingular. I compared both Verizon and Cingular's coverage maps and it seems to me that Cingular has a better coverage over the USA.

The plan I went with for cingular is a Nationwide Plus, which means my night and weekends start at 7pm (nice), also no roaming charges and the rest is the same I think. The plan is like 57$ for 600 anytime minutes and more than enough nights and weekends. Oh yea, they have the rollover too, so any unused minutes get carried to the next month. Sweet

I have read a bunch of reviews and a lot of people are complaining about customer service. But I havent ever found a perfect company yet. I am curious about anyone who has had experience with them, and how good their phone service around the USA.

Oh yea, I am getting the Motorola V400 phone too it is a GSM with a 4 bands ( I forget the frequencies).

Thansk for the info in advance :headbang:

so far i've only had prepaid, my old track fone that my parents have, it gets full service any where, and my virgin mobil. its wierd, i get pretty good service around here but when I went of vacation a few states away it would get full service around 7 am bout 1 bar in the after noon, and just the signal sign around 5 or so, and have nothing after that. . .

We used to have US Cellular(sucked), and now have Cingular. Nationwide coverage, Nights and weekends start @ 9pm, all for $29 a month. My wife got it thru her work. Haven't had any roaming charges, and so far we have had coverage almost everywhere. It's the best deal we have had so far.

I like my nextel, but i have a lot of people with them so i use the direct connect a lot. I have great coverage everywhere i go except through the desolate part of nevada.

I pay $49.99 a month and get 400 anytime minutes, unlimited night and weekend, and free incoming calls, along with unlimited direct connect minutes. It is a national plan so there is no roaming at all. and free long distance to whoever I call.

i have a verizon phone and three cingular phones (i use them for my employees) and i have traveled all over. the cingular phones have never gave me a problem with service anywhere. obviously, if you are in a place with no towers, you lose signal, but ive never lost signal while driving for more than one or two minutes. even though I HATE SBC, cingular is the way to go...

Cingular is good in tx, ok, az, NM, mo and arkansas..... I know in my area nextel sucks. Verizon sucks and so does sprint. Cingular is good but still could be ahelluva lot better imo.... and will be once everything gets converted to gsm. Judging from other's experiences cingular is the way to go.

Mike

Well, I am a little peeved with them right now. I place my order on the net about 5 days ago. I call each day to check on the status, well each time they are telling me about a 150$ deposit. And each time I tell them thats fine charge my card for the phone and deposit. So their system is not very smooth as far as internet orders go. So the lady today (saturday) told me well they need my card info again because the deposit is a seperate transaction, so I am like WTF why didnt the other service reps ask for that? The lady said I dont know they should have. So I gave them the card info. and am waiting for them to "process" the order. I was going with verizon, but they want a 400$ deposit. And quite honestly I feel that, that is robbery for a deposit.

So now I am "supposed" to recieve my phone on wednesday. If I do not get my shit by then, then I dont know what I am going to do. I just may end up going with verizon and have to choke on the deposit. :cry:

My dad has cingular and it kicks ass around here. He has'nt had any problems, and I know when I talk to him, it's clear as can be. My girlfriend has verizon, and it's terrible. She pays more than I do for my nextel, and gets less minutes and no direct connect. As for my nextel...I've had them for almost 5 years, and I have to say it is the best(when I actually have a signal :P )lol. I think nextel just needs to add more towers and coverage area, and they would be the best.

Got my phone today,, Whoo Hoo. Damn its a nice phone, pretty cool. EXCEPT, Cingular doesnt have a tower within 50 Miles of me!! WTF. I can barely get any signal. SO I drove around looking for a signal. NADA, nothing WTF. So, I call them. The lady was nice, she said nope no towers within 50 miles of you. I asked why the service rep didnt check that or let me know that and she didnt know. I think It had to do with ordering it off the net. So I called Verizon, Choked on a deposit and ordered the phone. I will have a Verizon Phone by this friday. It is not a GSM (which I have heard are good phones) but with Verizon they dont use a GSM network. This is a TRI Mode phone, the Audiovox 8900. So I guess you live and learn.

Now, I have to mail the Cingular phone back and wait for them to give me my 300$ back. I have heard it can take a month.

But, I would highly recommend the Motorla V400 phone to anyone (provided you have a tower closer than 50 miles). I am sure other service providers use that phone also, just not Verizon, Who, In my book are the cell phone gods.

Sprint=sucks

Cingular=good if you are in their few clusters of towers

Verizon=good cus service and good range

Peace out :wacko: